Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristianHe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 504
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730-15IWL and Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Spoiler
I have purchased this Notebook 81JS0005GE and this docking station https://support.lenovo.com/ec/en/solutions/acc100356 ( ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock). 

Everything is working just fine except two things:

The Laptop is not charging only via thunderbolt (tbt-cable in back of docking station, firmware and drivers up to date)
My second screen will only connect if i stick the hdmi cable directly into the laptop and will only detect one over the docking station.

Is the Thunderbolt Slot somehow not capable of doing double monitor and charging? Especially the charging is upsetting... 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 472
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730-15IWL and Thunderbolt 3 Dock

Hey there, ChristianHe! 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community group! 

As we were checking here, the ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/acc100356?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 is not compatible with the Lenovo Yoga 730-15IWL laptop, and that could be the reason why it is not working properly with the laptop. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ChristianHe
Blue Screen Again
Views: 466
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730-15IWL and Thunderbolt 3 Dock

May it be the case that the notebook does not support charging with thunderbolt at all?

All Others Connections like mouse Keyboard external HDD all work with The Dock.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors