cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee OGtopson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,770
Message 81 of 136

Re: Yoga 730 CPU clock speed stuck at around 0.800 GHz when gaming, help!

you can try to close the intelligent cooling tool in LENOVO vantage and manually turn the system to performance mode. it may be helpful for solving this issue.  You can follow below instructions to complete these operations.

MiguelA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,468
Message 82 of 136

@sirhairylegs wrote:

I didn't speak to management directly but I was with several associates in both hardware and software and they ended up accessing my laptop directly so I could show them the issue. After that I explained the thread and that everybody else was having the same issue as I and the associate spoke with management. When he got back to me all he said was the most recent BIOS update wasn't aimed to fix that problem but that they have a mandate to fix the issue with another BIOS update that should be available in 2-3 weeks. It sounded like they were aware and that one of the last updates were what caused the issue in the first place. I am afraid that when the issue is fixed there may be an overheating issue with the laptops unless they make software that is better able to control the cooling system and run the clock speed at a high but reasonable speed given the cooling fan's effectiveness. On the rare occasion I am able to keep the clock speed at a reasonable speed the temperatures of the processer range from 90 to 95 degrees Celsius which is what you'd expect from a highly overclocked processor, not one at factory settings. I hope they come up with a fix for both issues soon because high clock speeds are no use if your laptop has a meltdown. 

Did you get any news on this BIOS update?

sirhairylegs
Paper Tape
Views: 1,464
Message 83 of 136

Unfortunately I still haven't 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,400
Message 84 of 136

All,

The previously published power point by @OGtopson has been converted into a tip and published on the support site, you can find it here:
https://support.lenovo.com/sk/en/solutions/ht507144

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

MiguelA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,370
Message 85 of 136

Hi Andy! TgatsT great. I have done that and it helped a bit, but still didn't fix it. I still experience power limit throttling that caps my CPU speed even though the temps are low. Any suggestions for that?

Highlighted
Federico18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,175
Message 86 of 136

I can't belive you Lenovo are ofering this as a "Solution", this is a work around that, in first place, was proposed by an user here in the forum (not the Lenovo employee that you mentioned).
We all know that this doesn't solve the problem at all, personally i feel that i paid for something that i don't have.
And they only pop up telling us what we already know, instead of giving us information about the BIOS update which is the only way this should be solved.
It's a shame.

As we can see, there are more than one problem with Lenovo's products so i'll share whith you some of the solutions that i found:

-I recommend you all to unistall the "Lenovo app explorer", is a 3rd party adware (from Sweetlabs) that runs in the background consuming a significant CPU%, and of course consuming battery. In my case, in idle, uninstalling the app made me go from having the fans active, to have them off.

-Also if you are experiencing screen brightness going constantly up and down, try disabling the adaptative brightness in the power options of your plan (display--enable adaptative brightness--off), this will help you also keeping the brightness at its maximum (when you want it), wich is useful in such a reflective display.

Lenovo Employee OGtopson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,077
Message 87 of 136

Thank you so much for your feedback. What programs or APP do you run when you feel the CPU throttling? thank you 

PureAllurePhoto
Serial Port
Views: 1,049
Message 88 of 136

@OGtopson wrote:

Thank you so much for your feedback. What programs or APP do you run when you feel the CPU throttling? thank you 

For me anytime my 730 was in use for any type of traditional video game (not app games).  Anytime the GPU and CPU were utilized together there were issues.  I had games from both Origin and Uplay and both platforms suffered massive power limit throttling.  Thermal throttling was not an issue as my core temps remained below 70 degrees.  Other users on here may have different experiences so I would suggest reaching out to them directly by naming them in your response.  I swapped my 730 for a 720.  The Lenovo staff were awesome to work with and helped me tremendously.  If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.  I hope to see this issue resolved.  I enjoyed my 730 for everything other than gaming. 

MiguelA
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,019
Message 89 of 136

@OGtopson wrote:

I would like to second Federico18's post. Lenovo is not doing a proper job in addressing this issue.

As I mentioned before, any CPU stress test (e.g. prime95) will reveal the issue. After a while the CPU will Power Limit Throttle "at 2.5GHz (from maximum of 3.7GHz), CPU temps 60C and power drain of 15W. This is a cut of a third of the performance for no apparent reason since CPU temps are low and power drain is confortably below the wattage of the power brick (90W)."

KiraLaptop
Paper Tape
Views: 843
Message 90 of 136

I got the 730-15' 30 days ago and this issue is not solved yet.

I'm tired of waiting without any updates from Lenovo besides that ridiculous "solution" provided. As my 1st Lenovo laptop I'm very disappointed. I'm pretty much using the laptop only for drawing and browsing since I can't play any game due to this issue! My old 5 year old laptop has a better gaming perfomance than the Yoga at his current state. At least give us a date for the BIOS update that will solve this! I would like to remind you that the 1st post about this issue was 4 MONTHS AGO!

Please do something.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors