cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Federico18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 936
Message 131 of 136

Re: Yoga 730 CPU clock speed stuck at around 0.800 GHz when gaming, help!

@jadenb if the field technician gives you a solution or any information please tell us.

You can try the workarounds mentioned here in the forum, but be carefull you might lose your warranty. Personally i still didn't try ir because of the warranty.

As for your question about other laptop, you can go for the HP X360 or DELL XPS15 , both with the vega M GL graphics processor, keep in mind that they don't have regular USB ports, only USB-C, take a look at reviews on the internet, they say that the performance is similar to a GTX1050 max-q.

Instead you can go for the 720 since it don't have the throttling issues. But be careful because i have read about a lot of issues with the 4K panel.

When i was looking to buy this laptop i looked for others like asus zenbook filp 15 or acer spin 5, both with GTX 1050 and I7-8550U, but since they have the smae specs, they may probably have similar CPU throttling issues.

SvenBosma
What's DOS?
Views: 813
Message 132 of 136

SOLUTION: 

For me this worked, i already have tried everything said in this forum but nothing has had worked. What the solution for me was: go to lenovo vantage (type lenovo in windows search bar), select “menu” and than “search for updates.” Now wait for the bios update to be found and install it. 

Playing Ring of elysium first had huge frame drops and an average of 10-15 fps on low graphics, now on medium graphics it has 25-30fps. This is a huge difference and thank god, it eas useless before.

Federico18
Fanfold Paper
Views: 769
Message 133 of 136

@SvenBosma Glad it worked for you!

Two or three days ago i updted mine and the issue is still there.

What BIOS version do you have installed? (says it in lenovo vantage)

Also, do you know at what clock speed is your CPU running?

jadenb
Paper Tape
Views: 706
Message 134 of 136

Hello,

I recently used throttlestop to disable my turbo boost, and it has completely fixed the problem. I then undervolted the CPU and GPU to help with temperature problems (as it would run around 85-87 degrees during gameplay), I still had problems with the high temperatures after, so purchased a cooling pad. This virtually did nothing and my CPU temperatures are still around 82 degrees. I am worried this is a bit hot as I am planning on having this laptop for atleast 3ish years. I was wondering if you knew of any way to cool it down further. Also, any idea if undervolting my laptop/ disabling power boost using throttlestop will void my warranty?

PureAllurePhoto
Serial Port
Views: 509
Message 135 of 136

@jadenb wrote:

Hello,

I recently used throttlestop to disable my turbo boost, and it has completely fixed the problem. I then undervolted the CPU and GPU to help with temperature problems (as it would run around 85-87 degrees during gameplay), I still had problems with the high temperatures after, so purchased a cooling pad. This virtually did nothing and my CPU temperatures are still around 82 degrees. I am worried this is a bit hot as I am planning on having this laptop for atleast 3ish years. I was wondering if you knew of any way to cool it down further. Also, any idea if undervolting my laptop/ disabling power boost using throttlestop will void my warranty?

I was told recently to try removing the battery and playing only on ac power.  This bypasses the charging function and sometimes lowers board temps.  I haven't tried it yet but you could give a shot too if you like.  I noticed that my unit runs hot when on AC power but not when on battery power.  Maybe removing the act of charging will help lower temperatures.  It's worth a shot. 

iampaulh
Paper Tape
Views: 242
Message 136 of 136

Maybe DM'ing @lenovosupport on Twitter will help get this resolved. I sent them a message about this, and linked to this thread and got the following reply

We will forward it to the concerned team, so they can look into it and provide a BIOS update soon. Mac_Lenovo

I'm a little sceptical they will actually do this, but maybe if enough people do, they will

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors