cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MK713
Paper Tape
Views: 463
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730 Display flickering black lines and occasional distortion and malfunctioning

HI, I owned this yoga 730 only about 4-5 months and I started having this screen issue (click this link for the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dJXHoT4vhbPwrwPD7)- see the horizontal flickering lines of screen in the video). This happened a few times for last 2-3 weeks and the frequency has been worsening, now this happens every day at least once or twice a day. Is this a hardware issue? I need my laptop everyday basis and I wonder how long this will take to fix by Lenovo.

MK

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 417
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 Display flickering black lines and occasional distortion and malfunctioning

Hi MK713,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums!

You can have the screen checked in the BIOS and see if the issue persists. You can also connect an external display and compare the screen. You can also follow the steps from these links https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-730-13ikb/solution... and https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-730-13ikb/solution.... If the issue persists, it is highly a hardware failure. You can send us the serial number via private message for us to check your warranty entitlements and repair options.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

MK713
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 Display flickering black lines and occasional distortion and malfunctioning

This was turned out to be an absolute hardware failure.  I now see so many issues with yoga 730 esp 13.3 inches have exactly the same issues.  Lenovo has to accept this issue and should fix all the computers. You should recall 730 asap.  This is a manufacturing defect.

For anyone who is going through the same issues, if this is first time, and you're still within 2weeks-1 month period, return this laptop.

I am going through warranty service which is seriously a poor quality and lenovo has no idea about what their technician is doing. The tech service is a joke, and they just close the tickets without repairing it. No one cares. You cant speak to supervisor or anyone who knows the issues.  When you call tech support, you will have to be on hold for a hour every time. After one month, there is no actuon still. I do regret buying this laptop and this will be my last lenovo product in my life. Period.

FYI I have used at least 3 thinkpad & ideapad products for both personal use and for work for more than 10 years.

I have to tell lenovo that you won't be able to beat your competitors such as Samsung HP etc. by running business this way. Absolutely bad manufacturing defects and lacking support even WITH paid extra warranty. I won't pay a penny to lenovo in my life any more. No more trouble. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors