Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neaira
Paper Tape
Views: 1,398
Message 1 of 40

Yoga 730 EC Update stuck at 0%

Hello,

I tried to update my BIOS and EC in response to a push from Lenovo. The BIOS succesfully updated from 7LCN26WW 1.07 to 1.09 (model DLZP3), but the EC update has been stuck at 0% for over an hour (image attached). IMG_0870.jpgAny suggestions?

Thank you!

Oskarss
Paper Tape
Views: 1,360
Message 2 of 40

Re: Yoga 730 EC Update stuck at 0%

I have the exact same issue.
Can’t force power off either. It’s been about four hours already... what do i do?

called Lenovo Tech support. They said would need to send it in, it will take two weeks and thwy don’t have any loaners to give in the meantime.... seriously??? So how do I do work for the two weeks? This is not a good service for a computer (productivity equipment) company!

FelixDenk
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,327
Message 3 of 40

Exactly the same on my end. Nothing happened for the past couple hours. 

Really would be interested in a solution, if there is any. 

JanW75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,272
Message 4 of 40

I am experiencing the same issue. Hopefully someone from Lenovo will at least respond! 

** Edited to update. I spoke to Lenovo last night and they asked me to "let it have 7 hours to finish." and "If that didn't work to do a restart."

I did explain that it would not even START the update, but whatever, I left it alone all night.  Of course this morning, it was still sitting at 0%.  I couldn't do a restart because it will not turn off.  I called Lenovo again, went through the hoops again, and of course, they had me try a restart.  No go.  So, they give me the choice of sending it in or going to my local Best Buy for repair.  He did try to act suprised and said that the update shouldn't have caused this.  I pointed out that they should check the message board and that I was sure I was not the first caller with this issue.  Smiley Happy  So off to Best Buy I go.  Hopefully, this will be as painless as possible!

Jaechau
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,265
Message 5 of 40

Same for me. I'm unable to shutdown as well. Been stuck at "Updating Ec 0%" for over an hour now

Oskarss
Paper Tape
Views: 1,195
Message 6 of 40

Geek Squad test results: dead motherboard!!! Damage done by the BIOS update... Sending in for Lenovo warranty

Neaira
Paper Tape
Views: 1,191
Message 7 of 40

I contacted support over the phone, and in the end the only solution they could offer was to send it back in for repairs. Now I have to wait for them to contact me with info on how to send it back (in the next 3 business days). In the meantime, I'm going to let the battery run down and see if forcing a reboot that way will change anything. 

Oskarss
Paper Tape
Views: 1,182
Message 8 of 40

That’s what i did. Then took it to Geek Squad where they ran the test and detected the root cause of the issue.

Neaira
Paper Tape
Views: 1,170
Message 9 of 40

Can the Geek Squad do anything for a fried motherboard? Or is sending it back to Lenovo the only real option? (My warranty ran out about 2 weeks ago, but I feel responsibility is all on Lenovo for this.)

Oskarss
Paper Tape
Views: 1,155
Message 10 of 40

I think they would be working with Lenovo. In my case, he said it might be quicker to go to lenovo directly since I already had a ticket created

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors