Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaechau
Paper Tape
Views: 771
Message 21 of 39

Re: Yoga 730 EC Update stuck at 0%

Another update: When I called this morning, a customer service representative told me that they would be sending me a box with prepaid shipping, to ship back to the facility for repairs. I was also told I'd be receiving an email with instructions on how to proceed.

I called back 8 hours later as I received no instruction or email. Customer service told me I have to wait 24-48 hours to speak to a manager about my situation and that I may have to pay for shipping.

It was very hard to understand the customer service representatives as they appear to be sitting next to each other, so they are talking over each other.

There seems to be a miscommunication in the customer service department.

Neaira
Paper Tape
Views: 740
Message 22 of 39

Another update: I received an email this morning indicating the repair status was that they were waiting for me to send back the computer for repair, but had not sent me any information on how to do so. I called to get this information, and was told 1) that I would be receiving a courtesy repair for this problem (uh, yeah, at the very least), but 2) I would have to pay for the shipping. But then there was no shipping information in the follow-up "how to ship the computer" email. So, I had to call back again to ask for that. This time I was told that they were sending me a box and label to ship the computer, and it should arrive by Tuesday. They also gave me the tracking information for the shipping materials. 

(Sidenote: the contact email provided in the shipping email, where it said click here to send us an email, bounced back as undeliverable.)

It was more than a little frustrating, but at least it seems like they're moving to take care of the problem. They're just not very good at communicating what's going on to the customer, and it seems like not everyone in customer service is accessing the same information.

Also, the first person I spoke to said that they can turn a repair around in 9 business days if they have the needed parts on hand. Otherwise, it could take longer. I'm really not enthused about how long this is going to take. 

zookster
Paper Tape
Views: 728
Message 23 of 39

Adding my "me too" message to this forum.

Does anyone know if Lenovo monitors these forums?  They still have this buggy firmware update on their website.

Oskarss
Paper Tape
Views: 712
Message 24 of 39

While waiting for the shipping materials from Lenovo to arrive (2-3 days), I looked up and took my laptop to a local Lenovo certified service location. They confirmed the issue (motherboard) and ordered the part - and should be able to turn everything around within a week, covered under Lenovo warranty. 

zookster
Paper Tape
Views: 700
Message 25 of 39

Thanks for the update. I called my closest Lenovo certified service location, and they said they are not allowed to service "consumer" products.... they only service ThinkPads.
zookster
Paper Tape
Views: 379
Message 26 of 39

I chatted with Geek Squad, and they said to take it in to the store, so I took to the local Best Buy (the place we purchased it, in fact), and the Geek Squad guy there looked at it for a little before telling us that there is nothing they can do and that we had to call Lenovo.  I even offered to pay the to call Lenovo for me, but he refused.

So today I called 855-253-6686,3,2 (Ideapad). Automatically ransferred to some other number, then dialed 2 for customer service.

Spoke with: Chris

Gave my name, phone # (330-234-8525) and serial #.

At first he said they couldn't do anything since it was out of warranty. Once I clarified that it was a firmware/BIOS update that bricked the computer, was put on hold while he talked with someone.

When Chris came back on the line a few minutes later, he said it needs escalated to Customer Solutions Management. Said it will take three business days for them to call me back. Would not transfer me to that department immediately, even though I asked.

Gave my e-mail and physical address.

Reference #8013474961

Spent 15 minutes total on the phone so far.

If anyone at Lenovo is reading this, please escalate this and call me back as soon as possible please, thanks.

yogauser730
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 27 of 39

wish i wouldve seen this a week ago. had the same issue but figured being out of warranty it wasnt even worth it contacting lenovo. 

bought a mobo though ebay and did the repair myself. PC is working like new again albeit on the 1.07 bios. cost me $200, thanks a lot for the update lenovo.

menendeze
What's DOS?
Views: 251
Message 28 of 39

Well, lost for lost, with nowhere to go, I decided to do it myself.

1-I look here, the component number of the motherboard.
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ar/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-730-13ikb/81ct/81c...

2-Look in internet for the Hardware manual. yoga73013ik-hardware manual.pdf

https://usermanual.wiki/Lenovo/yoga73013ikbhmm201802.1496639190/view

3- Search online where to buy the motherboard. US $ 200.-
https://www.ebay.ca/sch/sis.html?_nkw=5B20Q95866%20Lenovo%20Win%20I5%208250u%20Uma%208gb%20Motherboa...

https://www.impactcomputers.com/5b20q95866.html

I bought and changed it using the hardware manual as a reference.
It has very good photos step by step to disassemble the laptop.
And it was very easy.
Today, I have the laptop running like new for $ 200.

ps. you have to buy a tork5 screwdriver to remove the bottom cover. And then use a parker screwdriver.

zookster
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 29 of 39

A couple hours ago I received a notice via e-mail from Lenovo that they shipped an empty box via FedEx to me so that I can send the unit to the depot. That's good news. (I didn't even have to call them a second time.) I'll keep updating this post as things progress.

Oskarss
Paper Tape
Views: 183
Message 30 of 39

I took my laptop to Lenovo authorized service location last Thursday, picked the laptop up on Monday. All covered under warranty.

Ironically... got the Lenovo shipping box on Friday. They call me today (Wednesday) apologizing for the delay in shipping the box and that they’re going to ship the box now. I’m like, um... i got the box AND i actually got the laptop fixed already by one of your service locations. Something is not quite functioning there...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors