Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,537
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 730 Fan noise!!

Just bought this laptop and I already regret it. After running all the updates, the fan still goes max speed as soon as I start a program or try to download something very small. The laptop is not even slightly warm but the fan goes like crazy. This should not happen for a high config like this and a completely fresh device. I finally convinced myself to buy a new laptop after my 10 yrs Dell was just hot and on high fan all the time. But, now spending 1200$ and see this!!! I have seen other people having the same issue and I do not understand why the company does not offer a solution when there is a relatively high number of people suffering from this issue! 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,471
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 730 Fan noise!!

That sounds like McAfee or some other AV program tasking the CPU as it scans whatever you're downloading. Some programs consume a lot of resources when they first launch, too, as they check for updates, create temporary files and so on.  To have the fan ramp up when downloading a file or starting a program isn't all that unusual. 

To see what's heating up the CPU, you can launch Task Manager. Look for anything that's consuming a large percentage in the CPU column.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Highlighted
Masud_Alam
Paper Tape
Views: 2,686
Message 3 of 5

Yoga 730 Fan noise & Battery life

Hi, do you have still the same fan noise problem or you got any solution. I got my new (replacement) 15-inch Yoga 730 just five days ago. The first one had SDD issue and had unbelievable fan noise even when I had 3 or 4 tabs open on google chrome. The new one has the same problem, it has continued fan noise…..for any updates or during my R/MATLAB session,  the fans are blowing like a whistle. Trust me it was so annoying for the person who sat next to me during my Matlab programming class. It was like a train was passing next to my building. Just surprised, what kind of product does Lenovo launch in the market in the name of a premium product. Now when I am downloading a simple program like adobe reader fans go wild. So disappointing…. Most importantly, Lenovo lies about product’ battery life. Although they mentioned maximum battery life was 8-9 hours, but the true maximum battery life I got 3.21 hours when I just open my Gmail and YouTube on google chrome. So, it's not even perfect for my quarter-day long class work. I don’t understand why they mentioned that false information. No doubt, it looks gorgeous and seems user friendly and I like this laptop. Is there any solution to this disturbing noise or battery life? I hadn’t had this problem with my Toshiba and Dell XPS. There is no way I can use this if the fans are that loud. Would appreciate if you guys can respond.

Fsh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,678
Message 4 of 5

Re: Yoga 730 Fan noise & Battery life

Sorry no solution. Yeah, the only good thing about this device was the built and beauty. Performance, screen, fan and wifi were awful for the price. I gave up and retuned the second device as well, new searching for something different

lscampbell08
What's DOS?
Views: 1,441
Message 5 of 5

Re: Yoga 730 Fan noise!!

Same here - I want to love this laptop so much; but this loud fan and wierd noises coming from it is scaring me. I bought it refurbished at Best Buy and the warranty is over. I installed the updates and recent drivers- did not change. Any soultions? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors