Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bård
What's DOS?
Views: 249
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730 - Hyper Drive USB-C dock - external dual monitor not found

I am trying to connect my Yoga 730 to my two external screens through a Hyper Drive USB-C docking (GN30B), and for some reason the second screen is not detected. Both the laptop and the dock is new, and I was told by the rep in the store that this works. I have also ran all updates.

Any assistance is highly appreciated!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 216
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 - Hyper Drive USB-C dock - external dual monitor not found

Hi Bård!

Welcome to our community forums.

We'd like to know, have you tried connecting the laptop directly to the external monitor via USB-Type C? If you haven't, could you try so we can isolate the issue? Also, could you try to use a different cable? Keep us posted.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SteinWill
Paper Tape
Views: 121
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 - Hyper Drive USB-C dock - external dual monitor not found

I have more or less same problem..  Hyper Drive GN30B will not play with my Yoga 900. 

Not only monitor, but non of the extensions on the GN30B. 

The Hyper Drive works on my wife's HP Laptop.  But as I paid it, it would be nice if it worked for me too Smiley Happy  

I have connected a monitor to the Yoga 900 using an USB-C - HDMI adapter, and that worked.. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors