Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mailmindlin
Blue Screen Again
Views: 143
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 730 Screen Not Working

I recently opened up my laptop (from sleep mode), and the display wasn’t working. Sometimes the display will start flickering, but nothing will be displayed (the flickering looks like random white lines and boxes).

Things I have tried:

- When normal/hard rebooting, the screen sometimes will flicker for a few seconds (but not actually display stuff)

- I saw on some other thread (I’ll post the link later) that pressing the power button for 60s fixed similar issues on other laptops. Doing this occasionally causes the screen to start working again, but it usually flickers and turns off again shortly (30s to 15m) after.

- Using a USB C->HDMI Adapter, external monitors work fine.

- This problem seems to be isolated: When mirroring displays, the touch input seems to work fine, as do the internal camera, keyboard, touchpad, fingerprint reader, and WiFi radio (haven’t tested Bluetooth yet, but I assume it works too).

- I ran a full windows defender sweep & offline scan (turned up nothing, but worth a shot)

- I updated the BIOS to the most recent version (via Lenovo Vantage) successfully, which didn’t seem to change anything

I’ve seen on some other threads that unplugging/replugging the battery might fix this, but I don’t want to void my warranty. I’m reluctant to send it in for service because I need my laptop for class, starting Thursday.

Any help is appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors