Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeppeBu
Paper Tape
Views: 3,592
Message 1 of 19

Yoga 730 TouchPad not work after Windows update

Hello, i have got a problem with my Yoga 730-15IKB . After Windows10 update the Touchpad not work anymore.

I tried to restore the drivers and update the device but I could not solve it.

Are there any drivers for the touchpad? Where can I download them? 

Many Thanks.

Highlighted
davip
Paper Tape
Views: 3,453
Message 2 of 19

Re: Yoga 730 TouchPad not work after Windows update

I have the same problem. In the windows 10 settings it used to say mouse and touchpad. now it just says mouse. I have looked high and low for standalone drivers for the touchpad. Called support and the pretty much saild send it in for repair. I believe this is software issue not hardware.
davip
Paper Tape
Views: 3,452
Message 3 of 19

I did the same procedure as you did above to fix. No luck. I even did a windows recovery. Again, no luck. Frustrated. Only had this laptop for a week.
Gforster
Paper Tape
Views: 3,440
Message 4 of 19

I have the exact issue after the lastest windows update. Working fine before it started updating. I did notice the same thing with the mouse and touchpad settings and now it says mouse. In my device manager I have this error in the attached. It says it's error 10. I have looked up and down to find drivers but none are listed for my model Yoga 730-15IKB. Please help

an2ho
Paper Tape
Views: 3,260
Message 5 of 19

Hi all,

Same laptop. it must have happened after some update because the touchpad was working fine when I bought it a few months ago. Now the right click will only work sometimes (if I try over and over again) and the click and drag (when using the a scroll bar or highlighting text) hardly works at all.

You can call it a Win10 update problem and blame them, but that does not help us. If the Win10 update reconfigured the drivers that Lenovo had for the touchpad, it is Lenovo's responsibility to find out what happened and work out a fix.

This is driving me nuts!

Gambit007
Paper Tape
Views: 3,226
Message 6 of 19

I had the same problem and fixed it!  Went to device manager and then keyboards.  There was a duplicate keyboard with an error icon. I uninstalled that keyboard, restarted the laptop and Wah-Lah!

Gambit007
Paper Tape
Views: 3,225
Message 7 of 19

I had the same problem and fixed it!  Went to device manager and then keyboards.  There was a duplicate keyboard with an error icon. I uninstalled that keyboard, restarted the laptop and Wah-Lah!

Gambit007
Paper Tape
Views: 3,223
Message 8 of 19

Yep yep. I had the same problem, tried seemingly everything, and finally fixed it!  Went to device manager and then keyboards.  There was a duplicate keyboard with an error icon. I uninstalled that keyboard, restarted the laptop and Wah-Lah!

Gforster
Paper Tape
Views: 3,217
Message 9 of 19

Look at that it did work!! One thing is to make sure you check the checkbox that says to delete the drivers software too. First time I did it, it kept reinstalling the problem prone "keyboard" after I restarted the laptop. Thanks for the help Gambit007!!!
Gambit007
Paper Tape
Views: 3,202
Message 10 of 19

I'm glad it worked! I had this problem a few weeks ago and finally decided to go back and try and find the message boards with other people having no luck... Yay my good internet deed for the day is done! 😁

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors