Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChadSc
What's DOS?
Views: 128
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730 fingerprint scanner frequently fails

I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 730. It had some dead pixels, so Lenovo replaced it (although it took a number of weeks for that to occur).

The replacement's display is great, but the fingerprint scanner doesn't work as well. Frequently it will fail to read my finger within three attempts, and tell me to sign in another way. I will then be told that the PIN is not available (even though I do have a PIN set up), requiring me to enter my full password to sign in.

The sign-in screen suggests using a different finger, so I keep switching fingers with each sign in attempt.

I have deleted and re-added both my fingerprints and my PIN.

I have removed the fingerprint scanner driver, downloaded the latest from the Lenovo support site, and added that.

Neither the sign in screen nor device manager shows any error. As far as the system is concerned, it is working perfectly.

Sometimes I am able to sign in with 1, 2 or 3 attempts. Sometimes none of the three reads my finger and I am required to enter my password. I would say that about one in three ties when I sign in it fails repeatedly and I have to enter the password. It's annoying.

Any thoughts?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 65
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 fingerprint scanner frequently fails

Hi ChadSc,

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried reinstalling and updating the fingerprint driver? If not, we suggest to uninstall the fingerprint driver then download the updated driver from our website. You may follow the steps below.

1. Press Windows + X then select device manager

2. Expand Biometric device then uninstall the fingerprint driver

3. Put a check on delete software driver if prompted then restart the computer

4. Go to https://lnv.gy/2Pt3niu?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 and download the fingerprint driver

Update us how it goes. Auxen_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

ChadSc
What's DOS?
Views: 63
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 fingerprint scanner frequently fails

Yes, I have already tried that before posting here, without any improvement.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors