01-22-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730 hinge cracking

2019-01-22, 8:25 AM

I bought a new computer to mainly use at work so i don't really use it that often... I think I've had it for 4 months and i have about 35 charge cycles accumulated.

Yesterday i noticed that there are these little hairline cracks developing on the hinges... For some reason i thought the hinges were made out of aluminum like the rest of the machine but they are made out of plastic... 

It makes me feel really let down considering i spent 1500 dollars on this machine- granted it starts at a lot lower, but whats inside doesn't really matter if you eventually cant open it.

I looked at forms that other people have posted and i am not really seeing this as an issue- surely i am not the only one with this issue.

Options

17 Posts

02-01-2018

United States of America

22 Signins

110 Page Views

• Views: 110
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 hinge cracking

2019-01-22, 22:42 PM

5H50Q95876 is the part you need its common to replace 

Options

4 Posts

04-02-2019

United States of America

2 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 hinge cracking

2019-04-02, 4:11 AM

I have the same problem but the hinge completely broke.  Contacted support and told it would take at least 9 days to repair IF parts are in stock.  I might also be charged even though it is under warranty... The implication is that I dropped it or was rough with it.  I do warranty work for a living and heard about the issues quite a while back so i have have cared for the laptop like it was a baby.  

Anyway... Choice is to send it in or carry it in to an org the lost the last laptop i sent in for repairs.  

What really gripes me is there doesnt appear to be anyway for anyone to check stock and determine if parts are available until i send it in.   I was told that if parts are not in stock i just have to sit and spin until parts come in.

While i am reasonably sure the parts are in stock i just dont have a lot of confidence in supports lack of confidence.

Argh!

wrote:

I bought a new computer to mainly use at work so i don't really use it that often... I think I've had it for 4 months and i have about 35 charge cycles accumulated.

Yesterday i noticed that there are these little hairline cracks developing on the hinges... For some reason i thought the hinges were made out of aluminum like the rest of the machine but they are made out of plastic... 

It makes me feel really let down considering i spent 1500 dollars on this machine- granted it starts at a lot lower, but whats inside doesn't really matter if you eventually cant open it.

I looked at forms that other people have posted and i am not really seeing this as an issue- surely i am not the only one with this issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms