Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NYRangers814
Paper Tape
Views: 4,246
Message 21 of 64

Re: Yoga 730 i7 constantly losing wifi connection

To preface my comment, I am very tech unsavvy...but if I replace the realtek wifi card with the intel AC-8265 one, do I need to download drivers for the Intel wifi card?  and if so, how do I do that without internet?  No ethernet port either on this thing.

Bryan_Nagle25
Paper Tape
Views: 4,242
Message 22 of 64

I understand your pain.  I am only tech savvy enough to know when I’m over my head.

If your WiFi is working well enough or cross your fingers,  you start by going to Intel’s main web site.

From there,  you can download the drivers right to your computer.  If you do not have that option, grab a flash drive and use another person’s computer to download the drivers to the drive.  When you replace the WiFi card, if you were able to download the drivers to the computer you will be good to go. If you used the flash drive, you have to install them from there.

I hope this helps and I didn’t confuse you.

NYRangers814
Paper Tape
Views: 4,230
Message 23 of 64

Thanks.  I didn't know it was like a file I can just save first and then install it w/o wifi.  Cool.  Thanks!

kevf7
What's DOS?
Views: 4,115
Message 24 of 64

My 2 cents

I had the exact same problem on my new Yoga 730 i7. Wifi randomly drops for no reason. I tried it at my home, my friends home, public wifi, etc same behaviour so it was definitely not a router issue.

My experience with Lenovo support:

I sent it in to be repaired, but upon receiving the notebook back the problem was still there.

They asked me to send it in again to be repaired a second time in which time I had enough and asked for a refund and they agreed.

Lenovo support was actually quite good they responded quickly and was quite helpful.

But we never did get to the bottom of that wifi issue..

Bryan_Nagle25
Paper Tape
Views: 4,109
Message 25 of 64

Thank you for the reply.  Mine went to Best Buy because I could not wait the 9 days to get it back after they actually get it.  Best Buy set the computer back to factory settings and ensured all software and drivers were proper.  The tech said there was nothing functionally wrong.  It continued to happen.  I bought an intel WiFi card, installed it myself, and haven’t had a problem since. 

Memoj67
Paper Tape
Views: 3,941
Message 26 of 64

I had the same issue.  I tried every setting adjustment and possible solution listed in every forum I could find on the issue.  Ultimately, I called Lenovo.  They did some trouble shooting with me (nothing I had not already tried twice).  The agreed to repair my brand new laptop under warranty but I would have to ship it to them and wait three weeks. They said they would replace the wifi card but could not guarantee that it would be with the intel card and their policy is to replace it with the same hardware already in the machine.

I did not send in my machine but instead ordered an intel wifi card from Amazon and installed it myself.  Its an easy job if you have the tools.  My wifi works perfectly now.

Same on Lenovo for using a subpar wifi card to save a few bucks.   The Yoga 730 is a solid computer with a crappy wifi card. Save the agrivation of dealing wiht Lenovo's Warranty, buy an Intel 8265 and install it yourself.

jlpaige5
What's DOS?
Views: 3,842
Message 27 of 64

I have the same issue, but have noticed with mine that when I have the power plug connected and it connected to a USB dock (no network attached to the dock) that it works perfectly fine.  The only time I ever have issues is when I have nothing plugged into it.  Anyone else notice the same issue?

JCDC
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,834
Message 28 of 64

Me and my wife have a Yoga 730 13" each. We were experiencing this same wifi disconecting problem on both computers.

The wifi problem didn't happen when the power cord is plugged, it only happens when the laptop was running on battery.

First, I tryed to change the battery save settings to don't turn off the wifi card when the laptop was running on battery. However it didn't solve the problem.

I think the problem started when I proceeded the automatic drivers update provided by Lenovo Vantage Software, wich included the WLAN driver.

So... As the problem just occured on battery and it appears to be caused by driver update, I searched for other driver.

The driver installed after Lenovo Vantage Update was v2024.0.2.101
So I installed v2024.0.5.103, wich I found at this link https://drp.su/en/devices/wifi/realtek/realtek-8822be-wireless-lan-802-11ac-pci-e-nic?os=windows-10-...

Like magic, now the problem is solved on both computers.

If you are experiencing this same problem, please give a try to my solution before oppening the laptop or spending money with wifi hardware.

If my solution is correct, I would ask to Lenovo to fix the driver at Lenovo Vantage Software and help everyone!

Thank you for sharing experiences! Greetings from Brazil! Sorry about my English!

Slowpoke00
Paper Tape
Views: 3,801
Message 29 of 64

The driver that you get from updating via Lenovo vantage or through windows device manager is definitely part of the problem. I rolled back my driver update and this put me on driver 2023.79.606.2018, dated 6/13/2018. I haven't had any connection issues since doing this about a month ago. I might try updating to the driver that you posted about if I start to notice any issues. I was losing connection every 3 to 5 mins before rolling back the driver.

ForeignBottle
Paper Tape
Views: 3,760
Message 30 of 64

Just to make sure, is this the right wifi card https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/ll06_en/message-id/68411 looking to buy it, but don't want to but the wrong thing. Thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors