Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jlpaige5
What's DOS?
Views: 776
Message 31 of 37

Re: Yoga 730 i7 constantly losing wifi connection

I took the risk and installed this update and haven't had an issue all week.  Thanks for posting!!!

SP34
What's DOS?
Views: 733
Message 32 of 37

I agree, we are trying to figure out solutions to Lenovo isues, doing Lonovo's support job.  I purchased the 730-15 laptop for almost $900 and I should not have wifi issues on a new laptop.  I tried everything mentioned in this forum and nothing worked.  I finally sent the laptop to Lenovo and it will be at least 2 weeks before I get it back.  This is my first and last time purchasing a Lenovo product.  They should have figured this out themselves knowing the wifi adaptor is unstable.  Shame on them.

PTFLEX6
Paper Tape
Views: 421
Message 33 of 37

Just curious, have you tried rolling back to an earlier version of the driver?  Like you, i was constantly having to deal with the wifi drop thinking it was my Wifi AP at home that is failing.  Stumble here and then i quickly realize i am not the only one having the issue.  Looks like it is Realtek WLAN card that may be the cause (or the associated driver for it).

Anyway, i just roll back my drive to Windows 10 default driver with the drive date fo 1/2018.  A little dated but it seems to be the one that is pretty steady for the past hour or so.

Can't seem to find a location on Lenovo's site to download older drivers though.  

TDOK64
What's DOS?
Views: 340
Message 34 of 37

I purchased teh Yoga 730 knowing I may run into this issue.  Sure enough, wifi dropped every 3 minutes at home. I upgraded my router and changed numerous settings.  It worked better, but was still unstable.  I spend the $25 on an Intel wifi card and had it swapped out.  Not a single drop since.  My guess - at the bottom of my laptop is a little sticker that says 'Intel Core 17'.   The Intel wifi card works better with the Intel processor than the Realtek wifi card, plain and simple.  If, like me you can get this laptop on sale (I paid $200 less than normal), it is worth the $25 upgrade.  This laptop has been solid, especially after upgrading the wifi card.  The fact that you can download Intel wifi drivers from Lenovo tells me that some machines ship with an Intel card.  They could save their customers a lot of headaces by dumping Realtek.

Skip all the troubleshooting, you will just get frustarted.  The only thing that works is replacing the card.  Anything else is a tempory fix that will be unstable.

By the way, when dealing with Lenovo on the phone, they were very helpful. They were unable to send me a Intel card, but that was an easy fix via Amazon.

mc57
What's DOS?
Views: 217
Message 35 of 37

Before you crack open your computer to change your card, try rolling back your driver. 

Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Realtek -> Properties -> Driver -> Rollback Driver

Instantly fixed the wifi dropping on my brand new laptop.

pelleannecy
What's DOS?
Views: 142
Message 36 of 37

I did like this to solve it,

1. Buy the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
  2. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/94150/Intel-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-8265
  3. Download and save the drive Windows 10 Wi-Fi Drivers for Intel Wireless Adapters to a USB memory stick
  4. Turn off your computer
  5. Remove the bottom lid on the computer (9 screws)
  6. Snap of the two cables from the Wi-Fi card (one white and one black)
  7. Remove the one screw holding the WI-Fi card and remove the old Wi-Fi card
  8. Insert the new Wi-Fi card and fit the screw back
  9. Place the cables back (pushed in place). Note the colour coding on the Wi-Fi card
  10. Fit the bottom lid again
  11. Start the computer
  12. Insert the USB memory stick and double click on the file for the drive (installation some 10 sec or so and there will be no notification telling you the drive is installed)
  13. After installation restart the computer
  14. Internet now working

Took me less than 20min and this was the first time I ever opened a computer.

I paid €20 for the Intel Wi-Fi card

reginacaliman
Paper Tape
Views: 103
Message 37 of 37

Just needed to rollback the driver. It worked here.

Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Realtek -> Properties -> Driver -> Rollback Driver

Details about the version I am using in the screenshots attached.

wifi1.PNGwifi2.PNG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors