Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CharlySpace
Paper Tape
Views: 1,591
Message 51 of 62

Re: Yoga 730 i7 constantly losing wifi connection

Have Lenovo fix the issue with the Yoga 730? I just hope so because I bought one and I am just afraid that this one just come with the same problem. If I only have had some one to tell me about this problem I would think twice before buying it.

mroy5150
Paper Tape
Views: 1,412
Message 52 of 62

Thanks Spidey101 for the link to 2024.0.5.103.  Ever since I bought the laptop I've been experiencing frequent wifi disconnects.  Ever since I installed this driver over a week ago the wifi has been 100% stable.  I'd like to know why Lenovo hasn't posted this in the Yoga 730 download section.

LMB2
Paper Tape
Views: 1,244
Message 53 of 62

Okay, the last 1 1/2 days this has worked for me so much better with no disconnects. If using Intel AC-9560. Go to the Intel web site  and download their 21.0.0.5 driver.

SparePartsBox
What's DOS?
Views: 1,010
Message 54 of 62

I've tried all fixes mentioned in this thread, I can say that installing older driver may improve stability but old driver reduced wifi speed by half and my ping became from <1ms to >100ms, I run DriverSolution (drp.su)  and in advanced mode manually selected this driver: 2024.0.8.101, I can confirm this one works, no more disconnects, and ping is fast. It has bunch of other problems like if I use WiFi direct to project screen to TV, it loses connection to internet while in projecting mode. I've also disabled in driver properties Multi-channel Concurrent.

JoeDaddy1
Paper Tape
Views: 939
Message 55 of 62

I can also confirm the Intel 9260 WiFi card works flawlessly as a replacement for the Realtek 8822BE. 

Bought a 730-15 for my wife for mother's day and had nothing but trouble connecting to my wifi when all my other devices had no trouble. I did notice that the WiFi on the Realtek chip was alright when I was very close to my access point but as soon as I moved 15-20ft from the access point it would start disconnecting and going slow. I think this is more of a range issue with the Realtek chip so if you have issues with Best Buy or others saying nothing is wrong I'd tell them to try it a little ways away from the WiFi router.

I only did one round of dealing with Lenovo tech support where the tech tried fiddling with a few settings and updating drivers which did nothing. I decided it wasn't worth my time to deal with getting the run-around or having to wait weeks to send it in only to get the same crappy Realtek chip so I ordered the Intel 9260 off Amazon for less than $20. Got it in a few days and only took about 15 mins to swap out. Booted up and Windows had a driver already installed to get connected but I still had the Intel drivers pre-loaded just in case. Speed tested all around the house and the Intel chip was solid as a rock. Beat several of my other devices that would start to lose signal at the far corners of the house. Very pleased with the swap.

JB70
What's DOS?
Views: 914
Message 56 of 62

Which Intel 9260 did you buy? With Vpro or without? 

CarlFreyer
What's DOS?
Views: 899
Message 57 of 62

I'd imagine that installing the Intel chip would void the warranty though, right?

JoeDaddy1
Paper Tape
Views: 879
Message 58 of 62

@JB70 wrote:

I installed the non-Vpro version. The Vpro versions I believe are for laptops with the Intel business CPUs that have Vpro. Vpro is not typically on consumer versions.

SparePartsBox
What's DOS?
Views: 872
Message 59 of 62

@JoeDaddy1 wrote:

@JB70 wrote:

I installed the non-Vpro version. The Vpro versions I believe are for laptops with the Intel business CPUs that have Vpro. Vpro is not typically on consumer versions.

I've ordered non Vpro as well, check numbers at the bottom of on chip label:

FRU P/N: 01AX769

EC: 1837607

Note when I opened laptop, old Realtek card screw that suppose to hold it was way to loose so card did not have good ground so maybe this was not a card issue at all, but since I received Intel 9260 I just put it in....

Nirmalkumar121
What's DOS?
Views: 268
Message 60 of 62

Am also facing the same issue.

use the below commands and restart the machine. It works for me.

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /reset
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /release

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

use the below commands and restart the machine. It works for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors