Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwrichte09
What's DOS?
Views: 1,004
Message 61 of 72

Re: Yoga 730 i7 constantly losing wifi connection

Just got my new machine and can confirm that this is still an issue. Unreal that they are still shipping machines with this problem and not updating them prior to shipment.

tawhid111
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,000
Message 62 of 72

Here is the latest drivers for

guys if your updating to laatest windows you have to update the drivers as well 

Windows 10 , version 1903 and later for those who needs it works flawlessly no drops 

https://gofile.io/?c=N4Ymri

strarbuck
What's DOS?
Views: 848
Message 63 of 72

Just recieved a new 730s with an Intel i7 and immediately got the same issues already mentioned. I've installed the driver version 2024.0.2.101 for the Realtek 8822BE and it's working for now. I'm planning on buying an Intel 8265 on eBay anyways just in case there are more issues coming. I'm currently running Windows Update so it may end up breaking the drivers I've installed... I'm not optimistic. But I do like the 730s so far. Hopefully it stays happy in the long term. Thanks to everyone who's done a ton of work in this thread for all of us with this dumb issue.

Danidd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 751
Message 64 of 72

I just had a client with the same problem. After talking with Lenovo and no success I decided to open the back and take a look. I was more than upset to discover that the problem had nothing to do with the quality of the card but the terrible quality control at Lenovo manufacturing. All I had to do was connect the antenna cables to the card and everything worked wonderfully. My problem now is that I feel terrible billing my client for something that should have been caught during factory testing before it was sent out for sale.

Lillie00
Paper Tape
Views: 547
Message 65 of 72

It is not yours only. Lots of people complained of it and Lenovo just does not care! This laptop series is just a garbage.
Danidd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 544
Message 66 of 72

As you can see from my post #65 a lot of these computers just don't have the antenna wires connected to the card properly. It's an easy fix you just have to open the back and push the black and white cables onto the connectors on the card. The realtek wireless card is just fine it's just awful quality control by Lenovo

Lillie00
Paper Tape
Views: 522
Message 67 of 72

Thank you, I will do that

BigSean1
Blue Screen Again
Views: 300
Message 68 of 72

I have the Yoga 730 and had the wifi problem too.

Spidey101 (a moderator) gave a Realtek Wifi driver update and so far it worked for me.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles/r0prw12w.exe

Danidd
Blue Screen Again
Views: 289
Message 69 of 72

The new driver does help but, so far, we have had many Lenovo computers in our lab with disconnected antenna cables. If it makes you feel better the problem is not restricted to Lenovo we have seen the same problem in Dell, HP and Asus Laptops as well as HP desktops with integrated WIFI.

After testing both Intel and Realtek variants of the wifi cards we have found that both manufacturers are about the same in performance as long as they are using appropriate drivers but more of the Realtek cards have disconnected antennas inside laptops.

We have also found that build quality tends to be slightly better across the range of Lenovo than the other major suppliers but that may be because we see more of them as they are the most popular brand in our local market. 

NL1990
What's DOS?
Views: 192
Message 70 of 72

Also happened to me at first - kept disconecting but then, with some normal uptadates, worked fine until one day just stopped working. I reinstaled all the drivers, but nothing. At last, after taking it to repair, I was told that the wifi card was damaged. All good for now!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors