cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsmyth7
Paper Tape
Views: 151
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 730 malfunctioned from the day I bought it, my last ever purchase with Lenovo

I've never been more infuriated by a piece of technology and the "service" I got from Lenovo regarding this purchase.

I had a previous ThinkPad that suddenly crashed on me while on a plane flight out of town (a whole other costly ordeal). My laptop is critical to my work, so I immediately went to Best Buy and purchased the Yoga 730. It never worked right the moment it came out of the box. Screen display flickered constantly and it hung and crashed if I had more than two Excel files open at once. I should have immediately taken it back, but I was on vacation and thought I could just have Lenovo customer support fix the issues.

Wrong.  I called tech support and they logged on and downloaded new software for the display which they said should fix the problem. It didn't. They told me I was going to have to ship it out to have it fixed. I couldn't be without a laptop as my laptop is critical to my work so I opted not do it, hoping the issue wouldn't get worse.  At this point I was outside the two week window for a return to Best Buy.  I was beyond angry at this point having to deal with these issues with a $1,000 piece of tech.  The only saving grace was that when  the laptop was connected to external monitors, the display worked.  However, it still hung and crashed Excel constantly.

Then, the screen failed completely. I called Lenovo and asked them if they could overnight me a new laptop that actually works and I'd ship this pile of junk back to them, as I could not be without a functional laptop for my job (I work remotely).

They told me they would not and that I needed to ship it out and be without it for a week so they could do warranty service. When I explained my work situation, the guy on customer support wasn't the least bit sympathetic. My anger increased at his lack of willingness to help me or transfer me to somene else, given the product was broken out of the box. Guy on the phone couldn't care less about my ordeal, which led me to giving him some choice words as my anger increased.  I then had to call my bosses up and tell them they would have to do my work for me because my brand new laptop was broken and I had to have it repaired.

Never again. I left the laptop at Office Depot to have it repaired through warranty service, and they had to take my hard drive out to protect it which cost me an extra $100. Once it is repaired, I'm selling it online at a steep discount and buying something else.

$1,000 basically up in flames. Never again Lenovo.  I basically have to take a week off work while my laptop gets repaired.  Two month old laptop.  Zero help or compassion from customer "service".  I hope someone at Lenovo reads this.  I was planning on being a Lenovo customer for life, but the Yoga 730 will be my last ever purchase.

rsmyth7
Paper Tape
Views: 79
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 730 malfunctioned from the day I bought it, my last ever purchase with Lenovo

Update: Office Depot had to order a new laptop screen from Lenovo to fix my new laptop.

Lenovo ships it standard shipping.  No rush, Lenovo.  No rush.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 76
Message 3 of 4

Re: Yoga 730 malfunctioned from the day I bought it, my last ever purchase with Lenovo

Hi rsmyth7!

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Our apologies for the experience. This is not the kind of experience we want you to have with us.

Please do keep us updated with the results of the repair of your computer.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

rsmyth7
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 4 of 4

I will.  I've found this whole ordeal to be unteneable.

The least Lenovo could have done was overnighted the parts.  Even the reps at Office Depot were surprised at their lack of urgency and unwilligness to work with me given the laptop is brand new.

Thank you for at least acknowledging my post.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors