Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giagrande
Paper Tape
Views: 204
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 730 screen flickering when fully charged

I bought this pc yesterday and it's the second one that gives me this problem.

The screen starts flickering (changing its brightness a bit and frequently) only when the pc is fully charged at 100% AND wired. The thing is increased also when there's a refresh of the image, for exaple when moving around the arrow or watching a video.

In battery mode I have no problems, but when I connect the pc with the original psu the problem returns.

Is there any setting I can tweak to eliminate the problem?

Thanks

Note: everything is fully updated.

slapnahrabe
Punch Card
Views: 193
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 screen flickering when fully charged

Exactly same problem here. Small brightness changing on its own when notebook operates on AC. With full brightness on AC or on battery no problem. I disabled adaptive brightness in power manager, but problem persists. First I thought, that notebook has malfunction and I returned it to seller (my seller consider it as DOA). Grab another one and it acts the same. I think it is some problem with Windows system / Intel graphics driver, because on battery or full brightness there is no problem. It was also OK, when device was out of box factory new until Windows updated system itself and Intel graphics driver. Tried install original Intel graphics driver and factory reset, but no luck.

slapnahrabe
Punch Card
Views: 73
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 730 screen flickering when fully charged

New Intel graphics drivers from Lenovo (20th March). Hope solving this issue, I returned second one meanwhile.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors