Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Illinidiver
Paper Tape
Views: 114
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 730 screen not working

I have a Yoga 730-15IKB. This morning the screen would not turn on. The computer starts but the screen is black. I did the unplug, turn off, and hold the power button for 20 seconds. 

I hooked up to an exterior monitor and the computer worked was working but still had a black laptop screen. When I went into the display setting the computer did not detect or see the laptop monitor only the external. I ran the self diagnostic and it also did not detect the laptop screen it only detected the external monitor. The diagnostic said the gpu was running fine.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 103
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 730 screen not working

I'd actually give the power-button hold treatment a full minute, just to be sure. On the surface, it sounds as if it could be a bad panel or something as simple as a bad cable or one that simply needs to be reseated. If you're comfortable working inside of a laptop, you can try reseating the display cable, making sure to take all of the usual working-inside-of-a-computer precautions. 

But, yeah, if an external monitor works, the gpu is fine. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Guru
Views: 97
Message 3 of 4

If it was me and its under warranty I would contact support before trying to check cables.  Don't want to take chance support will say I damaged the laptop.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 94
Message 4 of 4

Yes, absolutely don't fool with anything if it's still under warranty. My bad for missing that. Thanks for the catch.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors