Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altm00
Paper Tape
Views: 1,750
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 730 won't detect external monitor

I can not get my new Yogu 730 13IKB to connect to an external monitor. Worked with Lenova support and ran diagnostics and updated all drivers but can't get either port to detect an external monitor. Surely there is a solution to this issue. Lenova support is now saying that it might be the machine. Before I return the machine I would like to see if there is a solution. Great laptop, but I need it to support external monitor(s)

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,693
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 730 won't detect external monitor

Might need more details. Make and model of display, make and model of any adapters and what kind of connection (DisplayPort, VGA, HDMI) you're using. 

Are all of your drivers and your BIOS current?

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
altm00
Paper Tape
Views: 1,688
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your assistance. The Make, Model and system information are below. I have alos Lenovo Yoga 730 2 and 1. 13IKB. Using Insignia cable on USB 3.0 port to convert to HDMI for first monitor. Using a j5create USB 3.0 Mini Dock on the USB port which includes a HDMI & VGA display adapters. The monitors Dell P2414h monitors. I have tried each monitor on both ports, but I can't get the Yoga to detect the displays. I have updated all the drivers and bios. I would be happy if I could get at least one monitor to work, but hoping that if we can get one to work then two would also work. Let me know if you have any ideas. Lenovo support has been working with me and the case # is 801734703 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-GEO239P System Manufacturer LENOVO System Model 81CT System Type x64-based PC System SKU LENOVO_MT_81CT_BU_idea_FM_YOGA 730-13IKB Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date LENOVO 7LCN24WW(V1.05), 6/20/2018 SMBIOS Version 3.0 Embedded Controller Version 1.24 BIOS Mode UEFI BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO BaseBoard Model Not Available BaseBoard Name Base Board Platform Role Mobile Secure Boot State Off PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View Windows Directory C:\Windows System Directory C:\Windows\system32 Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1 Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.371" User Name DESKTOP-GEO239P\marka Time Zone Central Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB Total Physical Memory 7.82 GB Available Physical Memory 3.37 GB Total Virtual Memory 9.07 GB Available Virtual Memory 3.66 GB Page File Space 1.25 GB Page File C:\pagefile.sys Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes
alive2k
What's DOS?
Views: 1,282
Message 4 of 4

I have been having the same problem and have been pretty steamed about it. However, I stumbled upon a [very unsatisfying] solution. I happen to also have a Lenovo Mixx 2 in 1 that I have used on my large monitor without any problem. I decided that maybe it's just the Yoga not sending the proper signal to to the monitor so I attached the Mixx to the external monitor making sure it was dsiplaying on the external as it should, removed it and immediately attached the Yoga 730-15". Well what do you know, the Yoga now displayed on the external monitor.

LENOVO, SOMETHING IS UP WITH THE YOGA external display port. This should be fixable. Since doing the above steps the display now attaches and everything works even after both the Yoga and Monitor are powered down and brought back up from scratch.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors