Options

7 Posts

11-05-2020

PK

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 5

Yoga 7i Dolby Atmos Audio app shows no headphone/audio inserted(pic below) and won't work.

2021-01-09, 12:57 PM

Yesterday, my audio just went really low. For example, I use it on 24 volume with the Dynamic mode on Dolby Atmos and it works just good for me. Yesterday, Suddenly the sound became low and the app wouldn't open so I reset the app from the App settings in windows. Now, I'm having to use it upto 50 volume and am still not getting the right kind of bass and pitch. Any fixes? It says latest audio drivers installed and doesn't give me option to roll back.Headphones are inserted into the audio port still shows this.

Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Yoga 7i Dolby Atmos Audio app shows no headphone/audio inserted(pic below) and won't work.

2021-01-13, 15:49 PM

Hi @WisdomWanderer, nice to have you here!

Few questions though:

- Can you provide us your device's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check your device's specifications?

- Does the low volume issue occurs whether you're using the built in speakers and headphones?

Try to check first if Dolby Audio is on, to do that:

- Right-click on the sound icon from the notification area, then select Playback devices.

- Right-click on your headphone and select Properties.

- Go to Dolby Audio tab, click on the Turn ON button.

- Click Apply and click OK to save changes.

Also, make sure if the Spatial sound is enabled for Dolby Atmos, here's how:

- Right-click on the sound icon from the notification area, then select Playback devices.

- Right-click on your headphone and select Properties.

- Go to Spatial sound tab. Under Spatial sound format, select Dolby Atmos for Headphone from the drop-down menu.

- Check the box for Turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound.

- Click Apply and click OK to save changes.

Update us on how it will go through, we'll be waiting for your response.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Propertiesa basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a classMore (Definitions, Synonyms, Translation)

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

7 Posts

11-05-2020

PK

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

Re:Yoga 7i Dolby Atmos Audio app shows no headphone/audio inserted(pic below) and won't work.

2021-01-13, 16:03 PM

Hello, thanks for your response.

My MTM number is Yoga slim 7 14IIL05. 

I was able to turn on Dolby Atmos from the Vantage and the low sound problem was solved. However, according to your instructions, I can't find a way to turn on Dolby Atmos in the headphone sound settings, it only gives me option for Realtek(R) Audio and for Windows Sonic for Headphones in the dropdown in Spatial Sound. Do tell me if I need to perform something else to fix this. Also, the Dolby Atmos application still doesn't seem to open. 

Thanks in advance.

Options

499 Posts

11-04-2019

US

172 Signins

13117 Page Views

• Views: 13117
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-01-13, 18:15 PM

@ WisdomWanderer wrote:

Hello, thanks for your response.

My MTM number is Yoga slim 7 14IIL05. 

I was able to turn on Dolby Atmos from the Vantage and the low sound problem was solved. However, according to your instructions, I can' find a way to turn on Dolby Atmos in the headphone sound settings, it only gives me option for Realtek(R) Audio and for Windows Sonic for Headphones in the dropdown in Spatial Sound. Do tell me if I need to perform something else to fix this. Also, the Dolby Atmos application still doesn' seem to open. 

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for replying @WisdomWanderer !

It's cool to know that the low volume issue has been sorted out now, great job!

Normally, turning on the Dolby Atmos feature directly from the Vantage app will already allow the feature to be applied when you're using a headset/headphone as well.

But if the feature itself isn't available for the headphones, you may try getting the Dolby Access app instead directly from the Microsoft Store.

Thanks,

Adriel_lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

7 Posts

11-05-2020

PK

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2021-01-13, 21:02 PM
Thanks for all your help, it works for the headphones but if it causes problems, I'll get the app.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms