Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uni317
Paper Tape
Views: 1,028
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 900-13ISK 64 bit Touchpad Inoperable

I have been having issues with the touchpad for over a year on my Lenovo Yoga 900. I used to be able to fix it by uninstalling/ reinstalling the drivers but this no longer works reliable. If I didn't have a touch screen I wouldn't be able to use the computer at all. I also have to carry a mouse with me every where I go for when the touch pad fails. I have tried every fix that I have read in the forums. It has stopped working right in the middle of me using the computer and not just after start up. 

BIOS: Up to date

Synpatics Drivers: Up to date

F6 function doesn't even work when the touchpad is working so that's not the problem.

Error: I2C HID Device - error 10 This device cannot start on Intel Serial IO I2C Host Controller - 9D61

When I go to the driver details it says it's from 2006 even though I have the synpatics one installed. I have tried getting it to update to the synaptics driver but it won't and windows update doesn't work either.

Other observations: The touchpad completely disappears in the system settings as I only see options for a mouse and no touchpad. The synpaptics icon in the taskbar also disappears when the touchpad stops working.

I don't know what else to do but I use my laptop for both of my jobs and having to rely on a mouse at times is super inconvenient especially I am working mobile without a desk.

Please help!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 992
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK 64 bit Touchpad Inoperable

Last time I had that problem on a Dell, it was simply a matter of opening it up, removing and re-attaching the little ribbon cable that ran from the touchpad module to the motherboard.  Wouldn't advise that if your system is under warranty. But it does sound as if the touchpad module is either malfunctioning or has a loose cable. Spill anything on it, lately? Smiley Very Happy

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
uni317
Paper Tape
Views: 898
Message 3 of 6

I have never spilled anything on the computer. It is currently out of warranty - maybe I can take it in to be evaluated and see if that works. Thanks for the suggestion.

esaud111
Paper Tape
Views: 877
Message 4 of 6

Please post what happened because I have the exact same problem and have tried the same things you tried without success.
uni317
Paper Tape
Views: 868
Message 5 of 6

It's still intermittently working. After I read about a possible loose cable, I tried squeezing/ putting pressure all around the track pad and that seemed to help for a bit. I think I will have to take it to a repair shop and have them open it up to see if something is indeed loose. Until I tried the squeezing it hadn't worked for weeks.

I'll update with more information as it becomes available.

catharsis724
What's DOS?
Views: 740
Message 6 of 6

Hey, I was wondering if you had any updates from your repair shop endeavors?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors