Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecloutier
Paper Tape
Views: 479
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 900 13ISK Wake on USB problems

I love my new Yoga 900 but I'm struggling with one issue that's driving me a bit bonkers.

I use the Yoga as my home computer that needs to be connected to both an external display as well as a gigabit ethernet.  I purchased the Dell D1000 usb3 port replicator that has display ports, usb ports as well as a gigbit ethernet.  The displays work fine, and the ethernet and usb work fine whe the Yoga is awake, but my problem is waking the Yoga from sleep.  If my mouse is plugged into the Dell D1000 usb port, it will NOT wake the Yoga from sleep (neither will a usb keyboard or the wake-on-lan feature of the ethernet).  If I unplug the usb receiver for the mouse and plug it directly into the Yoga, it does awaken the PC from sleep.

Problem: I really need the Wake-On-Lan feature and my understanding is that the Wireless LAN will not work for wake-on-lan.  is there any way to make the wake-on-lan (or any other wake feature) work through a usb adapter?

I've made wake-on-lan work for every PC I've owned in the past several years, so I think I know how it works, but i can't seem to make it function for the Yoga, no matter what.  There is NO bios setting for wake-on-lan (or wake on anything) that I can find.

Anybody made wake from usb port replicator work on a Yoga 900?  If so, please share what replicators/devices you used and how they were configured.

Thanks ... Ed

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors