Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJ10
What's DOS?
Views: 17,170
Message 1 of 19

Yoga 900-13ISK cracked screen replacement

I'm usually a pretty careful person but in my one rare clumsy moment, I managed to drop my Yoga 900 on the floor from maybe a height of less than a metre. 

The screen is cracked starting from the top right hand corner and has a hairline fracture all the way to the bottom left corner. It still works, as in I can still see things on the screen, but I keep getting jumpy cursors and whatnot (expected of a cracked touch-enabled screen).

So my question is: What am I suppose to do? I've called Lenovo Support and I've chatted with an Encompass technician, and although they were very nice, it didn't help because there doesn't seem to be a replacement screen available for purchase/repairs.

I've only had this laptop for 5 months and it seems ludicrous to buy a new one already......

Edit: This is for the Yoga 900-13ISK.

i7_intel36U
Bit Torrent
Views: 17,028
Message 2 of 19

Re: Yoga 900 cracked screen replacement

HI.

@JJ10

Could you please indicate the exact model so they can help with the replacement part example: Yoga 900-13ISK for BIZ (IdeaPad), possibly what the technical service that being a fallen accidentally enters his not guarantee, but parts replacement if there.

Regards.

Por favor ,marque la respuesta y así aportar a la Comunidad,al aceptar como solución
Estarás contribuyendo con otros usuarios que tengan la misma duda.
Sherpa16
What's DOS?
Views: 16,223
Message 3 of 19

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK cracked screen replacement

Did you ever get a response to this?  I'm in the identical situation.  Just happened today.  Still working but crunch and cracked in the bottom right corner.  Please tell me there is a solution to this without having to buy another one?? Mine is a Lenovo-900 ISK Signatue Edition (Tangerine)

MRWUF
Paper Tape
Views: 15,593
Message 4 of 19

I am in the same situation.  Laptop is about 3 months old and I have a cracked screen.  I found replacement parts for the lcd digitizer but am looking for instructions on how to remove the digitizer from the case/bezel.

I have the Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK2, model: 80UE. 

Per Lenovo, you can look up parts numbers here:  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/partslookup  

LCD assembly = 5D10K26887 

This does not include the silver/orange/etc case.  

Removing the LCD assembly was pretty easy. 365 Laptop Repair (*no affiliation) has some great videos on YouTube that can walk you through it.  If anyone has instructions on disassembling the LCD it would be greatly appreciated!

L-W
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,485
Message 5 of 19

Hi there - just wondering how your screen cracked? I have had an identical crack and have no idea how this happened. Have also found a post online by someonce claiming the same issue (same crack in bottom right and with no force applied from a drop, poor handling, etc. 

Thanks

Juanjocho
What's DOS?
Views: 15,453
Message 6 of 19

Woah I was just about to write the same thing. Same exact crack started at bottom right all the way across. The laptop was not dropped or pressured. This cannot be a coincidence.

Lausagne
What's DOS?
Views: 15,326
Message 7 of 19

Same for me. The Screen of my yoga 900-13 cracked during a airplane flight while i was watching my pics i took during holiday. Touchscreen was working like a charm until a crack built. First a very small crack, witch was then getting bigger. 

I gave it to the service center at the place I bought it, they told me i dropped it or something hit it with force. Witch is not the case.

I hope this lenovo guys replace it with no discussion, else i have to get MAAADDDDD! If they won't, it was my last lenovo!

MRWUF
Paper Tape
Views: 15,317
Message 8 of 19

Mine was unfortunately self-inflicted.  My lid was lowered while a pair of eyeglasses were sitting on the keyboard.  It wasn't forced but it was just enough pressure to crack the screen.  After replacing the LCD display myself, I can't express just how thin the material is.  

As far as repair/replacement options, I contacted local Lenovo repair shops and no one would touch it.  I contacted Lenovo and was underwhelmed with my options.  Long story short, I would have to mail the laptop to them to eventually get an assessment/repair quote.  Talking to the tech made it sound like the process was going to most likely stretch into weeks.  I asked if replacing or repairing the screen myself had any (negative) impact on my factory warranty and he assured me it would not.    

Lenovo was out of the LCD display parts.  As anticipated, their price was literally twice as much as what you can find on New Egg or eBay ($600-700+ not including any labor).  The replacement displays come with or without a bezel.  Make sure you get the one you want.  I found it easier just to replace the entire display (bezel included) rather than trying to transfer your old/existing bezel to a new display.  

The LCD displays are incredibly fragile so be mindful if you do the swap yourself.   The replacement process wasn't too bad once I had the right tools and an idea of what I needed to do.  Unfortunately there aren't many videos or instructions available yet that walk you through the entire process so that added some time to the process.   

jeremyhays
Paper Tape
Views: 14,562
Message 9 of 19

I just discovered a crack in the lower right corner of my screen on the 900 - 13ISK2 (80UE). I didn't do anything to it. I am very careful with this laptop. Any advice?

CLeeVC
Paper Tape
Views: 13,472
Message 10 of 19

I have the same issue too. The service center in Malaysia and Singapore could not response to the price for replacement. Replacement seems not possible.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors