Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smerrill8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,467
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 900-13ISK does not have OneKey menu after pressing the Novo button

1. press Novo button, see Novo Button Menu.
  2. Press System Recovery. 

EXPECTED: A white screen menu for OneKey recovery. 

• Restore from Initial Backup
  • Restore from Users Backup

SHOWN: the blue menu from Microsoft Windows 10 recovery.

• Continue
  • Troubleshoot
  • Turn off your PC

I have chosen "Troubleshoot > Reset This PC > Just Remove My Files and gone through with it.  It appears to have reinstalled Windows 10.  Now there is a C:\Windows.old folder.

Was that a mistake?

How do I get this new orange laptop to go to the proper partition containing the OneKey recovery so I can go back to factory defaults?

This is Lenovo Case #8006794272.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,441
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK does not have OneKey menu after pressing the Novo button

Just checking, but did you shutdown the Yoga 900 first, before pushing the Novo button? I believe that if you press the button while Windows is running, you will get a different set of menus and actions.

Trying powering down the Yoga 900 completely, and then push the button. That should take you into the Recovery system and enable you to do a fresh install of the factory image of Windows from Lenovo. That will also include Lenovo applications such as Photo Master.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Ray-007
802.11n
Views: 1,435
Message 3 of 6

Dear Sir

Hope my message finds you well.

i believe your recovery partition is crashed. so you have to deliver your machine to the service center to create a new recovery media for you. Else you can put any windows by your own but should be same original version you had before on your machine ( the preloaded Version ) & it will activate automaticly with the windows key injected into your BIOS, then from windows you can create a recovery media copy from settings.

Best Of Luck Smiley Very Happy

smerrill8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,417
Message 4 of 6

Of course I powered it down. I was talking to a Lenovo Technician who was walking me through it,

Thanks anyway!
smerrill8
Paper Tape
Views: 1,414
Message 5 of 6

Alright, that does it for me. I'm returning the machine for a full refund. I shouldn't have to put up with that in a factory-delivered brand new machine.

Thank you!
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 1,279
Message 6 of 6

Why did assume the recovery partition is crashed ?

I have the same issue and I can view the hidden partition using cmd-->diskpart

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-13ISK2-Restore-factory-image/m-p/...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors