Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 4,772
Message 1 of 19

Yoga 900-13ISK2: Restore factory image?

Is there an option to restore the yoga 900 to the state of the factory ? A hidden partition that has the original factory image?

When I opened CMD and Diskpart, I found 2 drives indeed, one of them was X(boot) and the other had 600mbs but was hidden.

The steps I assumed are:

1- press the"nova" button while computer is off

2- choose the 4th option "recovery"

3- instead of a lenovo screen I get the blue menu from Microsoft Windows 10 recovery.

so how do I access the hidden partition that has the original factory image?

No drives are being read and I'm presented with an option to choose a driver for my hardware, I chose the hard disk driver but it couldn't read that driver.

P.S.: I did a "reset" windows many times and I'm going crazy over this supposedly simple task.

Can anybody please help ?

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 4,746
Message 2 of 19

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK2: Restore factory image?

Btw the model number is:

Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition

I bought it online directly from lenovo Stores US

grey_os
Token Ring
Views: 4,732
Message 3 of 19

There are two types of Onekey recovery ,one is with the option restore from initial back up and the other is the Troubleshoot and reset this PC.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! I dont know what Kudo does but anyway xD
There is nothing like 192.168.1.1
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 4,727
Message 4 of 19

yes that's what I get, and that's what I did.

But that's not what I want, I want to restore the factory image (if there is one) for the below reason:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/signature-edition-lenovo-yoga90...

Highlighted
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 4,725
Message 5 of 19

I just saw your edit, thanks for the info, but does that mean that the Lenovo Yoga 900-13ISK2 doesn't have a restore to factory kind of function? what are the hidden disks for if so ?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,714
Message 6 of 19

@kaboz85 wrote:

When I opened CMD and Diskpart, I found 2 drives indeed, one of them was X(boot) and the other had 600mbs but was hidden.

Interesting. I've just looked at the SSD of my Yoga 900-13ISK using the Windows Disk Management tool, and there are 6 partitions on my unit.

- EFI System Partition (260 MB)

- C: Windows Drive (192.10 GB)

- D: Lenovo Drive (25 GB)

- Recovery Partition (1 GB)

- Recovery Partition (19.15 GB)

- OEM Partition (1 GB)

The Novo button works on my unit when powered off to bring up the Novo menu options.

I see that you have done a clean install of Windows on your unit. Is it possible that you have wiped out some partitions?

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 4,712
Message 7 of 19

-Actually, I couldn't do a clean install, so what I did was choosing the windows option : Reset PC

-The novo button brings 4 options on my Yoga 900-13ISK2:
1- Normal Setup
2- BIOS setup
3- Boot Menu
4- System Recovery
The system recovery takes me to a windows screen (the blue troubleshoot screens)
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 4,709
Message 8 of 19

About the partitions I have the following:
1- System 260 MB
2- Reserved 16 MB
3- Primary (c) 238GB
4- Primary (d) 237 GB
5- Recovery 1 GB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,705
Message 9 of 19

Ah, OK. Indeed that's not right. On my system, choosing the Recovery option takes me to the OneKey Recovery screen.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,703
Message 10 of 19

@kaboz85 wrote:
About the partitions I have the following:
1- System 260 MB
2- Reserved 16 MB
3- Primary (c) 238GB
4- Primary (d) 237 GB
5- Recovery 1 GB

Looks as though the 19 GB Recovery Partition has gone missing on your system, I'm afraid. That's where the factory install of Windows is kept, I believe.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors