cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 1,100
Message 11 of 19

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK2: Restore factory image?

yes very weird, Do you have any idea why this can happen?

BTW, My lenovo model is Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition, though I bought it from lenovo stores directly it is a "signature edition", does that mean the Microsoft guys edited it ? Maybe removed the "OneKey Recovery" ? that would be weird though
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,097
Message 12 of 19

@kaboz85 wrote:
yes very weird, Do you have any idea why this can happen?

BTW, My lenovo model is Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition, though I bought it from lenovo stores directly it is a "signature edition", does that mean the Microsoft guys edited it ? Maybe removed the "OneKey Recovery" ? that would be weird though

You say you bought it from the Lenovo online store, but I thought the "Signature edition" branding was something that is only available from the Microsoft store?

It's possible that Microsoft has removed everything that they view as "bloatware" - including the Lenovo utilities, which would include the Novo OneKey Recovery. Since Windows 10 has its own recovery mechanism built-in, it wouldn't surprise me that Microsoft just wiped the Novo software.

The Novo OneKey Recovery utility was very useful for prior versions of Windows. Its time has probably passed in these days of Windows 10.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 1,094
Message 13 of 19

yes I bought it online from lenovo Store directly but when I right click my computer --> properties (don't remember how in win10 Smiley Happy ), I get the computer model as:
"Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition"
Have no idea if this means that it came from Microsoft stores, I was happy about it though because there was no hiDPI problems, when I made a PC reset though, all hiDPI problems arose, I have a whole post about it at MS forums- I think I sent it to your blog an hour ago btw Smiley Happy
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/signature-edition-lenovo-yoga90...

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,074
Message 14 of 19

Hi,

AFAIK the Signature preload doesn't use a separate recovery partition.  The recovery image is internal to the primary file system.  It's still possible to return to out-of-box state, but OKR isn't used - or needed.

Reset should take you back the original factory configuration.  Is this not happening?

[edit] The Signature preload comes via Lenovo.

[more edit] Apologies.  I missed part of this thread.  What are the options presented in the "the blue troubleshoot screens"? Unfortuntely I don't have a Signature preload to look at.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 1,053
Message 15 of 19

About the blue screen, I think it's the usual win10 options, like using a recovery image, a recovery disk, open cmd, do a pc reset, repair windows, rollback to previous build (unfortunately I reset pc many times already so I won't be able to get back to the original state via this option now)
Why do I care for the original state so much ? Because somehow when I received the laptop there was no hiDpi scalling problems with programs like eclipse(java programming) but now all sort of hiDpi scalling problems exist and I have not been able to fix them (going crazy over this tbh, many sleepless nights).
Here's the thread I made with all the details of what happened, would appreciate if you can take a look, give me your opinion
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/signature-edition-lenovo-yoga90...
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,049
Message 16 of 19

Hmmm,

After "Then I made a clean windows installation and upgraded to windows 10 pro" you may well not have a local reset-to-factory ability.

I take it you didn't make recovery media before doing the above?

Your path of least resistance may be to call support and order factory media.

Z.

United States
IDEA-branded and B, C, E, G, H, K, N, Q, V, Y Series Products
English
1-877-4-Lenovo, 1-877-453-6686
Schedule a Callback for faster support
24 hours a day 7 days/week

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 1,047
Message 17 of 19

No backups taken, didn't think I would need one, I just clicked reset pic on Windows then entered my win7 ultimate key so it upgraded to win 10pro automatically.

Would you know if such a recovery disk would fix that hidpi problem? 

Also is there not any known solutions to the hidpi scaling problems yet? 

Btw thank you for clearing to me that my laptop is a Lenovo signature edition, I didn't know that Lenovo makes these so I was very confused

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,043
Message 18 of 19

One should always make recovery media.  One never knows...

You said you did a clean install first.  That probably wiped out factory recovery.  Usually does.

I'm afraid I have no idea re the hidpi issue Smiley Sad  Unless someone else here has a fix you may have to just try the factory media.

Good luck,

Z.

kaboz85
Punch Card
Views: 1,003
Message 19 of 19

Thanks Z.

For the sake of the thread, I didn't find a global solution to the problem so I apply the hidpi fix to each program which involves changing a key in registry and making a manifest file for each program... and for other programs with blurry text, I just right click --> properties --> compatibility --> Disable high dpi scalling.

Hoping for a better solution some day Smiley Happy

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors