Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmargrett
Paper Tape
Views: 471
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition: USB Ports Non-functional

Both USB Type A 3.0  ports as well as the USB 2.0 portion of the DC-in port are non-functional. I have tried thumb drives, wireless mouse receivers and even a portable cd-drive.....no luck on any front. I have ran windows updates, the intel driver & support assistant as well as the lenovo solution center; all of which claim all drivers/bios version/system version are up to date.

Has anyone experienced any success tackling a similar issue?

sys.pngspecs.pngdevice manager.png

nmargrett
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition: USB Ports Non-functional

UPDATE: The issue of nonfunctional usb ports on the Yoga 900-13ISK2 continues to persist. Reinstallation of bios version 2UCN10WW (located here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-900-13isk2/downloa...) resulted in usb port functionality returning....but only for a limited amount of time.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with their machine?

Brisket
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 900-13ISK2 Signature Edition: USB Ports Non-functional

@nmargrett wrote:

UPDATE: The issue of nonfunctional usb ports on the Yoga 900-13ISK2 continues to persist. Reinstallation of bios version 2UCN10WW (located here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-900-13isk2/downloa...) resulted in usb port functionality returning....but only for a limited amount of time.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue with their machine?

I am having this exact issue right now. It just started as recently as yesterday (Being the first time I tried connecting my phone to my laptop in at least a few weeks; I do this to transfer music files over to my phone. I have done this hundreds of times without issue.) and none of the common suggestions for a fix are working. Bios is updated. All hardware/update scans come back positive/up to date respectively. 

I'm trying different cables, flash drives, a wired usb mouse. Aside from the charger capabilities, nothing works in any of the 3 ports. 

The only thing I can think is a while back I tried (without success) to access an old internal SATA HDD using a USB to SATA cable, but this was because the HDD is corrupt for some undiagnosed reason. I have since connected and transferred mp3 files between my phone and my laptop. So I believe this issue is unrelated to the HDD. 

I'm seeing posts relating to this problem dating back as far as 2017 with none of them being resolved. What is going on here?!

UPDATE: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-USB-Ports-Stopped-Working/m-p/361...

@nmargrett check this thread for a solution that worked perfectly for me!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors