cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
any2xml
Paper Tape
Views: 380
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 900 13ISK2 - USB ports are not working - passes Lenovo and windows diagnostics

My Lenovo is developing strange problems. From the start, the keyboard was doubling up characters. Now the USB ports have all shut-down. The USB controller is not showing in the BIOS. However Lenovo Diagnostics (Health and Support in Vantage) shows no indication of failure. I have had it checked with Fry's and Best Buy - both suspect motherboard. But to just diagnose they want $90. Plus $150 to replace motherboard. 

This laptop is my bread and butter. I can not send this away for repairs. 

Firstly why is Lenovo Diagnostics is passing something that is not working? Why motherboard needs to be replaced? 

Guru
Views: 379
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 900 13ISK2 - USB ports are not working - passes Lenovo and windows diagnostics

First, make sure everything is up to date. Use Lenovo Vantage to install all the latest drivers - especially the chipset drivers - and the latest BIOS. Sometimes, that's all it takes.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
any2xml
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 3 of 5

Re: Yoga 900 13ISK2 - USB ports are not working - passes Lenovo and windows diagnostics

I did update the drivers via Lenovo Vantage. I rebooted after that. No avail. I am surprised that Lenovo has a diagnostic software that does not detect such a big issue. Is it really trust-worthy?

Guru
Views: 330
Message 4 of 5

Plug in a USB keyboard and use the NOVO button to boot into the BIOS screen. Once there, see if F10 on the attached keyboard exits BIOS or if you can move the cursor with Tab or the arrow keys. If that doesn't work, then it's the motherboard's connection to the USB ports. If the keyboard works, it's something else. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
any2xml
Paper Tape
Views: 319
Message 5 of 5

As I mentioned, none of the USB ports is working. Also tried the novo button. no response to external keyboard. Rolled back windows updatess, rebooted. No response.

Can anyone post an image of the Bios showing any USB controllers? I did not see any.  I can factory reset but unless I back-up the image, it is going to be disastrous.

Got a quote for new motherboad $1186.  The computer was $1299! Also Lenovo would take a week to ship it. Don't know if that carries a warranty or not.

Not looking good. It is a beautiful looking computer but I always owned a Dell and never did I have problems like this. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors