Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PHILGIBSON
Paper Tape
Views: 204
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 900-13isk2 No Video on 1st Boot

YOGA 900-13isk2 has no video when pressing start button. Pressing the start button again will bring video on at the Windows 10 sign-on screen. The laptop will function propely every boot there after unless it sits for a few hours. When it sits off for several hours it goes back to no video pressing the start button the first time, however the laptop is booting in the background. Ocassionally I also get an error message on boot that it can't find the boot device. I reboot and everthing is fine. Diagnostics show everything is normal. I have tried setting the power options diffrent ways, changed bios to Legacy boot, and tried safe boot with no results. Does nyone have this issue and a fix? Thanks in advance for the help!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 171
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 900-13isk2 No Video on 1st Boot

Start by updating the BIOS and drivers to the latest versions. Download and use Lenovo Vantage from the Windows Store. That's the easiest way to do it. And it might be all you need to do. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
PHILGIBSON
Paper Tape
Views: 163
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Doctordon for your help. I had already made certain the bios was the latest and also the drivers especially the video driver. The one thing I did not do was to boot with A/C power adapter. I just tried it with it pluggd in and it booted fine. I think it could be the Cmos battery. What do you think? I do not think however that it has anything to do with the error message I get occassionally for missing boot device. An SSD drive is either good or bad, so I don't believe it is the hard drive. I did set the drive to Legacy in the bios settings, but I did get the error once after making that change. I will replace the cmos battey and advise.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 152
Message 4 of 5

You can try clearing the CMOS by holding down the power button for a full minute after the computer shuts off. 

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
PHILGIBSON
Paper Tape
Views: 138
Message 5 of 5

Thanks again Doctordon for your advice. As it turns out the problem with the video on boot does not occurr when the power adapter is plugged in. I took your advice and cleared cmos. All is now normal on battery power and on A/C. I have not seen any error message related to the missing boot device either. I cleared cmos with a jumper when I replaced the cmos battery. I just cut off the wires from the old battery and twisted them together to make a jumper. Thanks for the fix.

Phil

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors