Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hiddehb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,027
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 900-13isk2 in 'preparing automatic repair' loop

So my Lenovo yoga 900-13isk2 is stuck in the 'preparing automatic repair' loop and after 2 second the whole laptop also shuts down. So I've tried to reset the laptop to factory settings with the novo-button, but it doesn't have enough time to reset as it shuts down again after 2 seconds.

If someone has a solution, please help!!

Thanks!

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,011
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 900-13isk2 in 'preparing automatic repair' loop

Well, I was going to make some suggestions from this site, but if it's shutting off two seconds after you power it up, it could be something else, entirely.

Is this happening on both AC and battery?

Can you use the NOVO button to go into the BIOS settings?  See if the computer still shuts off in two seconds.

If so, turn the computer on, then press and hold the power button for a full minute after it shuts off, then try booting.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Hiddehb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,002
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for responding!
So it happens both on battery and AC and it also shuts down after 2 seconds when I go to the BIOS settings

I also tried the last thing you said couple of times and that also didn't work
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,996
Message 4 of 6

The fact you get TO the BIOS settings menu seems to indicate the computer's posting.  Need to find someone more familiar with the 900's behavior w/r/t a failing battery. Some machines won't work on AC if the battery has failed. If you're comfortable working inside a laptop, you could try removing, then reinstalling the battery. Or replacing it. Do you get any kind of indication from the charging indicator before it goes off?

There are other things that could cause a laptop to shut off quickly. If the fan has failed, then the CPU temperature climbs and that could cause a shutdown. 

I'm sorry I don't have more for you. 

Hiddehb
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,988
Message 5 of 6

After a couple of more tries it randomly turned on again and now it just works again. A bit strange, but I'll take it.
Thanks for your help!
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,976
Message 6 of 6

Hopefully the CMOS flush fixed it. Just took a couple more boots to work. Still, keep an eye on the battery. Oh, and run a backup ASAP. Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors