cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Devinous
What's DOS?
Views: 300
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 900 - 2 months to receive a power cord?This is not reasonable or acceptable, manager?

2 weeks ago my Yoga 900 stops charging and the power cord starts making a popping sound from the wall socket (thank god it didn't start a fire).  So it's obvious the power cord is bad.  I call support and the agent says it's not the power cord and he can fix it (yes I did try to explain about the popping noise and small arcs of electricity it is making from the wall socket) so he remotes in and tries making some changes and even goes so far as to say the wall socket is the issue and not my power cord.  Finally after an hour of testing he is finally convinced that it's the power cord.  He puts in the order for a new cord to be sent out and tells me 3 business days (I'm finding out by reading through the forums that he lied directly to me as there are complaints about the cord being on back order about a month before I called) and of course after 3 business days nothing.  I then try looking up online to see if I can track the order and I find out that the ticket number they emailed to me doesn't exist.  After 3 or 4 calls and 1.5 weeks I finally get an agent who states that everything is put in correctly, they have the cord and she can't find out why it just hasn't been shipped and has escalated to management.  

So...  I decide to start my own research and after reading through these forums and attempting to order a power cord from the Lenovo store (which told me will ship in greater than 5 weeks) that there is no power cord and the 3 business days was an outright lie.

The big question is should anyone have to wait 2 months (2 weeks so far and 5+ weeks per the Lenovo store) to get a power cord to use their "under warranty" computer?  If this was a specific motherboard or some kind of hardware that had to be ordered then installed and tested I could see a month (with delays, international shipping etc) but.... This is a power cord,  it does not require assembly or testing or installation.  I can also GAURENTEE that there is a manufacturing plant someplace that's boxing Yoga 900's up right now to be sent to retailers to be sold  and each one of them has a power cord but since we are a warranty/RMA issue and there is no profit from us we are getting put at the end of the line. 

At this point I'm still going to play nice as it's been only a couple days since I spoke with the last support agent who told me I would receive an email or call this week from management about the issue.  I most likely will not get a call or email by the end of the week and at that point it will be time (and 3 weeks since my first call) to stop being nice (movie quote and showing my age).   

This forum will be my last polite attempt at asking for help and all I'm looking for right now is some form of contact from Lenovo saying "hey we hear you,  this sucks - how about we either pull some from our warehouse stash and send you one or purchase one from Amazon and send it your way - or a visa gift card to cover the cost and shipping and you go get one (yes the other part of my research found that there are a TON of stores that have this cord in stock and Lenovo could easily solve this issue by getting one from them and sending it my way) but why would I expect a warranty to cover defective parts?  Why would Lenovo eat a little cash to not only be upstanding individuals and honor the warranty I purchased but also provide some kind of customer service during this event? The above action would not only correct the issue but it would also have me tell everyone what excellent service I received.

I not only work in fraud,  have a wife with a law degree but also managed a large group at a call center along with working with a ton of legal departments.  I know exactly who to complain to .   To quote another movie -  I have a particular set of skills...

Please have someone contact me as soon as possible - via email is fine and you can ask your cloud eng guys to pull my contact info from this post as I signed in with my email address and you have all my contact info on file. 

Thank you - Joe

Moderator note: Comment removed which did not comply with the Forum Rules

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 282
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 900 - 2 months to receive a power cord?This is not reasonable or acceptable, manager?

Hi Joe,

I do not work for Lenovo, so I cannot check into your issue internally.  It may be that you have not been lied to but simply that the agents you spoke with were not informed of progress on backorders or whatever the problem is. I am sorry that you and others have had to wait so long. I hope you will hear good news soon.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please click the "Accept As Solution" button.

I am not employed by Lenovo or Microsoft. I am a volunteer.

SpywareHammer

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 238
Message 3 of 5

Re: Yoga 900 - 2 months to receive a power cord?This is not reasonable or acceptable, manager?

Hello Joe, welcome to the community,

sorry to have to read what you're experiencing at the moment.  I'd be happy to see what I can find out for you if you could please send me the following information by private message;

Full Name;
Tel. No. Intl code;
email address;
System Type;
System s/n;

Date of purchase;
Case Numbers;

For your information; I'm not saying the part is or insn't available as a service part; at this point in time I simply don't know having not investigated. However, because the part isn't available to purchase through retail doesn't necessarily mean it is not available as a service part; the two inventories are managed separate to one another. As requested please drop me a message and I'll look into this.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Devinous
What's DOS?
Views: 193
Message 4 of 5

So I still have not received my power adapter.  It's been since March 11th since I have been able to use my Lenovo Yoga 900.  They told me 3 business days to ship and to top it off no one has contacted me.  This has been the most horrible experience I have ever had being someone's customer.  I will never again purchase another Lenovo product and I plan on telling everyone that has the ability to read/hear about this experience.  Will I ever get the power cord?  Will Simone at least attempt to contact me please?

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 182
Message 5 of 5

Hi Devinous,

I'm happy to look into this for you however I do need you to send me the information I previously requested in message 3 above.  If you could please send me the requested private message including the requested information I should be able to find out exactly what has happened here.

Thank you in advance

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors