Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weta58
Paper Tape
Views: 10,791
Message 1 of 13

Yoga 900 - Battery *Plugged in, not charging*

Got my Lenove Yoga 900  week ago. Today it had the message on the battery icon in the task bar *plugged in, not charging." Please help before the battery drains out! Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 10,566
Message 2 of 13

Re: Yoga 900 - Battery *Plugged in, not charging*

You need to have a look at the battery settings in the Lenovo utilities.  If you have the power setting set to maximise battery life (or similar), you may get that message when the battery is approximately halfway discharged.

------------------------------
I don't work for Lenovo
weta58
Paper Tape
Views: 10,540
Message 3 of 13

@billbolton wrote:

You need to have a look at the battery settings in the Lenovo utilities.  If you have the power setting set to maximise battery life (or similar), you may get that message when the battery is approximately halfway discharged.

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.  I checked the Lenveo settings for battery and "Coservation Mode" is set to "Off" and it should be charging to 100%.

This is a downer to say the least from a one week old computer.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 10,524
Message 4 of 13

You could try the solution posted in this thread (referenced in the list of Recommendations given at the bottom of your thread):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-13-plugged-in-but-not-charging-Please...

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

Landon
Paper Tape
Views: 10,509
Message 5 of 13

I'm also seeing the same thing. Battery slowly drains while "plugged in" and the time to charge keeps going up vs giving me the time left.

weta58
Paper Tape
Views: 10,483
Message 6 of 13

@Landon wrote:

I'm also seeing the same thing. Battery slowly drains while "plugged in" and the time to charge keeps going up vs giving me the time left.

Found this

http://www.pcworld.com/article/225265/battery_not_charging.html

did not want to uninstall the driver so just disabled it; restatred and enabled it again. Since then things have been fine. Keeping my fingers crossed (but do resent the hassle and the stress).

Landon
Paper Tape
Views: 10,475
Message 7 of 13

I gave up since I was also having an issue with the lid close and sleep and took it back for an exchange. Brought the new one home, wiped it just like I did the first one, loaded Win10 Enterprise and loaded all the drivers from the d:\drivers folder. No issues with this one at all and the lid close sleep issue is gone. Guess I got a lemon the first time.

jrod
What's DOS?
Views: 10,464
Message 8 of 13

I have the same problem. What I did was I discharged my battery. Plugged back again and I got 100%. However, after a while, by unplugging and plugging back the issue reapear. I am not sure if this a issue or a normal behaviour but is my first lenovo

weta58
Paper Tape
Views: 10,451
Message 9 of 13

It should not be a normal behavior for anything, Lenovo or not. Try something simple and hope it works. It is very annoying to to have to spend your time and effort on this!!

@jrod wrote:

I have the same problem. What I did was I discharged my battery. Plugged back again and I got 100%. However, after a while, by unplugging and plugging back the issue reapear. I am not sure if this a issue or a normal behaviour but is my first lenovo

Gemmiestar
What's DOS?
Views: 10,155
Message 10 of 13

I had the same problem with the message, battery plugged in, but not charging.  I finally discovered when I was updating the settings, I, in error, turned the button for Conservation Mode to "ON".  This setting is used if you are using your laptop plugged in all the time.  It saves the overall life of the battery, however it also will only allow  the battery to be charged 59 percent and the above message will be shown that the battery is plugged in, but not charging.   To solve this problem,  I went to the menu, "Lenovo settings", I then selected the battery icon on the left side of the screen.   On my laptop, it was the third icon down on the list.  There are several icons for various options under "Lenovo settings".   The Conservation Mode screen will appear once you select the "battery" icon.  Then, I selected "OFF" to turn off Conservation Mode.  My laptop battery then continued to charge to a full 100%.  There are so many screens,  I thought leaving a little more information would help to find the menu for the "Conservation Mode" settings. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors