cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaemonFC
SCSI Port
Views: 6,642
Message 1 of 5

Yoga 900 - Battery plugged in, not charging.

Hello,

I seem to be having an intermittent "Not Charging" issue on my Lenovo Yoga 900.

It usually happens when it's fully charged and I unplug it for a few minutes and then plug it back in. If I let it drop below 93-95% it will usually say "Plugged in, charging" again.

Is this some sort of glitch, or a feature? I tried looking to see if I had the "conservation" setting on, and I do not.

I have a few days to take it back to the store if I need to. I'd really rather not send it in because we have problems with couriers dropping off packages that end up getting stolen because we live in an apartment with multiple locked doors, so they usually pitch it beside the door and run off and then someone else takes off with our stuff. Had it happen a couple of times with Amazon orders. (grr)

Thanks to anyone who can answer this!

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 6,631
Message 2 of 5

Re: Yoga 900 - Battery plugged in, not charging.

Good day and welcome to the community.

This is my experience with my Yoga 900 and Yoga 900S. This way the system isn't trying to constantly top off 1 or 2%, which is not good for the battery. By contrast, Conservation Mode will charge to ~60% and then stop. That has some benefits, also. Personally, I'm not using Conservation Mode, and so far I've not seen any negative effects on my batteries.

Hope this helps.
Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

DaemonFC
SCSI Port
Views: 6,566
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't something wrong before the return window ended. I'm afraid that I'm not as up to speed as I once was, having last bought a laptop in 2004. (When I got 2-3 hours on a charge, if I was lucky. *grin*)

My fiance saw someone go through the checkpoint at the airport and asked about this issue, and they said that theirs does it too but only when the battery is in the 90s. Definitely some sort of overcharge protection.

Highlighted
JDawn
Paper Tape
Views: 6,432
Message 4 of 5

So how do you get it to charge to 100%? Would be nice to have full charge when travelling and going to be using on battery.

DaemonFC
SCSI Port
Views: 6,425
Message 5 of 5

When it's under about 93% and you plug it in, it charges back to 100% and then runs on AC.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors