04-21-2017 05:03 PM
Some coffee spilled on the keyboard yesterday.
It didn't seem like a lot, but now the following is happening.
The battery icon indicator shows "Empty", but the expanded details says 100% fully charged.
I can turn on the computer with the ac adapter, but on the battery the computer does not power up.
I've tried opening up the laptop and disconnecting the battery and reinserting it, though that did not seem to help.
Any other suggestions?
04-21-2017 05:44 PM
Coffee is acidic and conductive, which is not good. It is worse if it has sugar. It sounds like you shorted the battery, the motherboard or both. If you didn't buy accidental damage coverage or if the warranty has expired, you have a problem. If you are covered, don't play with it; send it in. If it isn't covered, I would look closely and see if I could figure out what was hit.