Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
island
Punch Card
Views: 814
Message 21 of 26

Re: Yoga 900 Charging cable wiring

This thread seems to have some of the best information on Yoga 900 charging so I just wanted to ask if any further research has been done or any alternate solutions found.

I'm trying to decide between a Dell XPS and a Yoga 900 and I need 12+ hours of battery runtime under real-world working load, so I need a good external battery solution.

With the ChargeTech (27,000 mah) -> Yoga Adapter -> Yoga how much efficiency is lost with it converting from DC to AC to DC ?

Or how much runtime does it offer with that conversion happening?

I can see a big advantage of being able to use it with any future laptop or device since it supplies AC, but I'm wondering how many watt hours of dc it is equivalent to once the double conversion happens ?

http://mct-corp.com/store/index.php?product/page/1522/NEW!+Mikegyver+Yoga+3+Pro%2C+700%2C+900%2C+Car... is now marketing a box that is an adapter and not an inverter; it's priced at $149 right now for just the adapter that you can then add batteries to. Other than the price which is moderate, the disadvantage is that you have to carry one more small item.

jbolger
Punch Card
Views: 744
Message 22 of 26

Anyone got any further findings on this?

thegr8one
What's DOS?
Views: 598
Message 23 of 26

Can you use the Yoga 3 charging cable to replace the Yoga 900 charging cable? Apparently that's the only thing that's broken. My brick is intact and working properly. 

Oscar_vf
Paper Tape
Views: 440
Message 24 of 26

I hace measured the same, so i suspected that there would be a resistor between the blue an black cable as other chargers use in order to recognize proper charger. I try to measure with my multimeter on the tablet side but I have no luck, so I ended up booking a potentiometer of 500k swipein down the resistance and monitoring the white cable voltaje and bom!! Just around the 240k the white cable started delivering 20v so I grab a 220k resistor and worked. I'm changing the property USB like DC connector and instead I'm going to adapt one with barrel conector to one diode that I previously measured. That USB port is a real pain in the a**. So folks good luck with your projects hope the info it's helpful.

jbolger
Punch Card
Views: 421
Message 25 of 26

Thanks for posting your findings! Are you able to confirm which colour is which function or draw a small diagram to clarify?  

Oscar_vf
Paper Tape
Views: 412
Message 26 of 26

The yellow one would be the white line, the middle one the Blue and the one with the ground is Black.  I have tried to make the charger conversion but apparently bypassing the blue line is not a good idea it also controls a gate type electronic that isolate the non 20v tolerant components. Too late for me two components apparently got burned in the experiment. I would would be please if someone took a photo of a little 8 pin smd component near the USB charger and also the diode in order to replace them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors