34 Signins

478 Page Views

• Views: 478
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga 900- Double Letters while typing issue

2017-01-26, 22:19 PM

Hello.

I love my YOGA 900.

However, as many of us have reported, it does have a certain problem with double letters coming here and there.

I am able to send the device to LENOVO, but I wonder if anybody had any luck solving the problem.

I palyed with the keybord settings of the computer, and it looks like the problem is now under control- but it may as well return? 

Will appercaite any feedback from any user, even not 900's users.

THANKS.

Doron

Options

2278 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3329 Signins

40585 Page Views

• Views: 40585
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 900- Double Letters while typing issue

2017-01-27, 1:12 AM

I'd suggest these steps before trying any hardware fixes: 

Click Start, Control Panel and search Keyboard Properties. Change the Repeat Delay and Repeat Rate settings to minimum..

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!
The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.
Options

18 Posts

12-10-2016

US

34 Signins

478 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2017-01-27, 2:13 AM

I had it on the very minium, and it kept doing it.

Now it is like that- and it is usually fine.

What do you think?

Options

2278 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3329 Signins

40585 Page Views

• Views: 40585
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-01-27, 2:20 AM

I think that should be fine then. If it starts occuring again, feel free to reply back.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!
The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.
Options

18 Posts

12-10-2016

US

34 Signins

478 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2017-01-29, 9:00 AM
Thanks so much, Eric X.
What I can see is that my space key could be respond better... it sometimes just does not respond. I would click while typing, but it would not do "the trick". It might be that I press too weak, but I have never had a problem with that on any computer.
Also it seems to be that the very left of the space key is not responsive, almost at all.
Options

2 Posts

04-15-2017

RU

2 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 6 of 6

2017-04-15, 9:51 AM

Have the same issue on Yoga 710 and playing with delay and repeate rates doesn't work for me, apparently because such events are not interpreted as "press and hold" by the system. Rather, they're mistaken for instantaneous double hits.

The solution may lie in the accessibility settings. What might work is right-click the Start button, go to classic Control Panel, hit Accessibility, go to Keyboard or "Make it easier to type", turn on "Filter keys", enter "Setup filter keys", tick "Turn on Bounce keys", but the problem is 0.5 sec. is way too long. Activate it anyway and close the control panel.

Next we launch Regedit and go to  HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Control Panel - Accessibility - Keyboard Response. The three values you want to set manually are:

AutoRepeatDelay = 300
AutoRepeatRate = 50

/*These two are set to 0 when you activate Bounce keys, so we just need to turn them back on and adjust to our needs*/
BounceTime = 30

/*This one is what does the trick: the system will ignore double hits that happen within 30 milliseconds - that sould be safe for your intended double presses of a button, unless you're a virtuoso piano player*/

Reboot.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete