Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mengland0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 612
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 900 -- Duplicate characters when typing

I have found that my Yoga 900 will regularly insert two characters when I have only hit a key once. I might type "stop" (4 keystrokes) but I find the word "stopp" has been entered.

This is not a problem with one key, it happens on lots of keys, as shown in the video:

The problem with duplicate characters

It seems to happen most if you type the key "gently", so the characters you press with pinkies and ring fingers are more likely to exhibit the problem, but the video shows this is happens on any key -- it is not a problem with just certain keys.

I am getting a new laptop because of an issue with the Yoga 900 waking from sleep when picked it up:

(My problem with the Yoga waking when I pick it up)

I'll see if this new issue is a problem on the replacement Yoga.

Note that Lenovo has been great, and is sending me a replacement laptop based on the waking problem. I discovered the problem with keyboard bounce while waiting for my new Laptop.

Does anyone else see the issue with duplicate characters?

SibTiger
What's DOS?
Views: 566
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 900 -- Duplicate characters when typing

I've had the same issue. It doesn't happen often. Just rarely enough that I thought I might be imagining it!

Highlighted
mengland0
Fanfold Paper
Views: 526
Message 3 of 4

I received a replacement Yoga 900, and it had the same problem.

Enough of an issue for me that I returned the machine to Lenovo.

burnstuff
Paper Tape
Views: 342
Message 4 of 4

I've also been having keyboard characcter duplications, but mine is the 910 so I guess they haven't fixed it.  Happens a lot with the c, but with some other characters too. Especially frustrating when typing masked passwords!

I have to say, for a high-end laptop, I'm very disappointed by the key board.  I have a yoga pro that I used for 4 years and very much enjoyed it, but they changed the keyboard config so much with the 910 that I'm really not enjoying it at all.  Unless I'm just watching a movie, I hate using it.  The right shift key is in perhaps the most rediculous location - who designed this?  It's impossible to reach, even with my long fingers, with leaving the home keys.  Instead, I often find that I hit the up arrow key and am looking into re-mapping keys just to make it usable again.  I type about 90 words a minute but with this keyboard, I'm probably down by half that.  I've been contemplating returning it, if I have that option. 

Has anyone had success fixing the keys and remaping the keyboard?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors