Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,086
Message 11 of 40

Re: Yoga 900 Excessive Fan spin

Could you not resolve the issues of bluetooth driver and 2nd user log in? I'd try to resolve those because a high cpu usage means I cannot use the laptop on battery but also will probably shorten lifespan of the cooling fan and perhaps other components due to heat! (PSU and motherboard components).

Therefore I did the OneKey recovery and then updated to windows anniversary update and removed bloatware whilst installing some software and update all drivers and made sure PIN login is working (pin login breaks easily!) and THEN make a OneKey recovery backup so I don't ever need to go through that lenghty process again.

I will setup a windows file backup soon too so my files are always backed up automatically when I connect the external hdd just in case! (Same hdd that has OneKey recovery backup on it) There are wireless NAS type home HDD available that will do this wirelessly and automatically through the router, that will be the perfect solution.

popy
Punch Card
Views: 2,072
Message 12 of 40

With my recovery image, i was unable to get bluetooth working.

I & my work mates have tried everything, but without success (working in an IT company).

Everytime after reboot, bt was marked with code 19 in devmanager.

The 2 Uer issue was solved by recovery image, but sadly not bluetooth.

So the only way to get BT working was a clean install.

All is working as expected but NOT ymc.exe.

Because i have spent much time to get the ypga 900 loaed with stuff i want, i dont want to feedle around again with this! I can live with not working automatic switch to tablet mode.

But its really sad that you bougth a 1400 euro hybrid book and have to feedle around with such "basic" things.

Anayway, thx for your help, maybe lenovo tech support is ocmming back to me anyday.

If not, i will live with it.

pOpY

racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,068
Message 13 of 40

Well isn't it funny, just when I responded to this issue I made sure I downloaded the latest YMC and other drivers from the lenovo website. Surely enough, I have the same issue yet again. Which means I'll have to try system restore or even backup to the OneKey recovery backup I made. 

Note: Do not install the Lenovo specific drivers, specifically the Yoga Mode Control drivers, from the lenovo website. The "silent" installs just seem to break everything and there isn't an option to uninstal or downgrade. 

popy
Punch Card
Views: 2,066
Message 14 of 40

That's bad!!!! 

So it seems that it hasn't todo with Windows, it's just an crazy bug of Lenovo yoga mode control. 

My workaround is to just disable the ymc.exe service in service manager (services.msc).

This works for me! 

The only downside: you have to manually switch to tablet mode, when you swap Tha display back. 

I can live with that, maybe it's also a solution for you? 

JustAName1
Serial Port
Views: 2,056
Message 15 of 40

My solution has been to use Sysinternal's (ie now Ms's) procexp.exe and to right-click/Suspend the offending rundll process, there is also a Suspend in the properties dialog. But this is not that good as another rundll starts each time swap back into the "2nd" login and it too needs Suspending!

Stopping ymc certainly has some advantages, and disadvantages, will have to try it.
Cheers
Highlighted
popy
Punch Card
Views: 2,042
Message 16 of 40

Thats also a solution but not a nice one.

What if you are distracted or forget to terminate the processes.

I am thinking of the following workaround:

• Schedule a windows task on disconnect from local session which kills ymc and subprocesses (or stops the service)
  • Schedule a windows task which start ymc.exe service on connec to local session

Will try this in the afternoon and report back.

racarlos
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,037
Message 17 of 40

I did a one key recovery restore. After recovery I found that rundll32 for PaperDisplay was running high until I updated Lenovo Settings and Lenovo Companion and Lenovo Account Portal through the Windows App store. Don't install drivers from lenovo support website,  they seem to break things again. Instead let Windows do the driver updates for you or Lenovo Companion.  Now laptop running fine with multiple accounts logged in. 

lenovogeorge
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,011
Message 18 of 40

I have exactly the same problem!! Lenovo fix this!! I like my new laptop, but am planning to return it if this is not resolved. My cpu runs so high the fan constantly kicks in.
popy
Punch Card
Views: 2,006
Message 19 of 40

As a workaround until its fixed, disable service "Yoga Mode Control" (ymc.exe) under windows services.

Sure you loose the automatic tablet mode question, when you wrap around the display.

I will try to solve it with an workaround posted here:: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Excessive-Fan-spin/m-p/3451758#M4...

Sadly i didnt found time to try it.

pOpY

ECHR
Paper Tape
Views: 1,980
Message 20 of 40

Hi. Had the same issue, try this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Y130KTBzM.

That fixed it...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors