04-16-2018

US

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Yoga 900 External Monitor Issue: Won't Connect, Screen Flashes, Turns Black

2018-04-16, 22:48 PM

Hello! When I connect my Yoga 900 laptop to my Samsung external monitor using a USB-C/HDMI adapter, the laptop screen flashes black and the external screen does nothing. Between the flashes I can see my desktop background goes blue and every program/file that is open begins popping up and closing on repeat. Nothing ever shows on the external monitor. The only fix is to unplug the two, but if I let the laptop flash for more than about a minute it eventually goes black. When this happens, unplugging it from the monitor does nothing and it has to be manually restarted using the side button.

• As noted in other forum solutions, I manually updated all video and chip drivers.
  • I have tested the monitor's HDMI port, the Yoga 900's USB-C port, and the HDMI cable itself. I have also tried a different brand of USB-C adapter. 
  • Pressing Windows + P doesn't seem to do much, as I can see the menu between the flashes and click "expand" but nothing happens. 

Any idea what else I can do? Thank you.

Options

5 Posts

01-02-2016

US

10 Signins

81 Page Views

• Views: 81
  • Message 2 of 2

Yoga 900 External Monitor Issue: Won't Connect, Screen Flashes, Turns Black

2020-02-24, 17:45 PM
I have a similar issue with an HP external monitor. I often have to force a re-boot (holding power button) before the Yoga 900 recognizes the external monitor.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete