Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Danton92602
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,422
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 900 - Ghost Touches Issue

Ghost Touches - I see phisical touches on the screen when I am not touching it. It looks very similar to what you see in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ooSJdcRqyo

It mostly occures when the laptop resumes from sleep or extended use. This makes the laptop unusabble and I have to hard reset to get it working properly again. 

I have contacted Lenovo 3 times (Every time they have been very friendly and helpful. They also call me imedietly)

1. Call 1 - I let them remote into the laptop. They uinstalled and re-installed some drivers and asked me to try it out. The issues were still there within a day. 
  2. Call 2 - I reported the issue is still there. They remoted back in. Tried an update on the panel that did not apply. They informed me that the panel was defective and I would need to send it in. They asked me to carry it into my local Best Buy Geek Squad. They sent it to Kentucky for repairs. (I updated the bios, drivers, and reset the device) Geek Squad said that there was nothing wrong and that they updated the bios, drivers, and factory reset (Thats not ture). They sent back the device. (Lenvo has been great. Best Buy is a company I hope I never have to deal with in the future) 
  3. Call 3 - I tell them that nothing has changed. They are now sending me a box to send the device back to the same exact facility in Kentucky... 

Has anyone else expirienced this issue with the Yoga 900? Searching Google only brings up threads for other Yoga devices.  I will update my situation here..,but at the very least I would like to have a written record for other Yoga 900 users that may search for this issue. 

Danton92602
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,376
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 900 - Ghost Touches Issue

Found a user with a similar issue, but he just had the device replaced: 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Sometimes-the-keyboard-and-touchs...

Danton92602
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,231
Message 3 of 9

Update: 

Best Buy / Geek Squad shipped the laptop to Kentucky, did a factory reset and shipped it back to me. That was a waist of a week. Now Lenovo is sending me a package to ship it back to the exact same Kentucky facility. They claim that they have escalated the issue and it will be resolved this time.

They will give you the option to send in your device or drop it off at Best Buy / Geek Squad. Avoid the Best Buy option.

I still don’t have a functioning device.  

bandit16
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,171
Message 4 of 9

I am having the same problem,but it only occurs when initially connected to the charger. I went through several sessions with tech support, upgrading and reinstalling various drivers, running Lenovo's Solution Center, and operating in a minimal system mode (sorry, don't know the exact term, but a kind of Safe mode, with minimal drivers), but the problem always comes back. It is an intermittent problem and only seems to occur on low battery when I connect the charger. They suggested I bring the laptop to Best Buy, but I surmised that BB would only end up shipping my laptop to a Lenovo repair facility. For obvious reasons I want to avoid shipping off what is my primary business computer for 2 weeks, so I asked them to send a second charger to see if that is the issue. I will update post when I try out the new charger. One thing that is disheartening is this problem has been reported as a thread through 3 iterations of the Yoga line, models 2, 700 and now 900. This seems to be a design flaw that I hope can be addressed. 

Danton92602
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,164
Message 5 of 9

Sorry to head that. 

My issue is still there. By changing my sleep settings it does not happen as often now. 

Avoid BestBuy, they were useless and completely wipe their hands of any responsibility. All they will do is ship it to Kentucky. (The repair facility will just do a factory reset unless specifically told otherwise) 

Levono has not been a big help. They said they would ship me a box to send it back, but that never happened. I have run out of time to spend on this issue... 

I have my own business as well and two weeks without my machine is more than an "inconvenience". I am going to let this device run its course and most likely go a with other brands in the future. 

Keep us posted if you resolve your issue. 

Danton92602
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,090
Message 6 of 9

I'm still haveing this issue and it is getting worse. 

Avoid purchasing a Yoga 900 

I am going to try and see if Lenovo will refund my money since they are unable to fix it 

bandit16
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,081
Message 7 of 9

I've tried a whole bunch of things. Even had our companies tech guru work on the problem. It was never resolved. Heard from a colleague that she has same problem on Dec touchscreen. I only see my issue when on the charger with battery below 20%. Think it's some kind of interaction with power settings.  May actually be a Windows 10 issue. Let me know how Lenovo treats you. 

ShakedZ
What's DOS?
Views: 1,001
Message 8 of 9

I'm having the exact same issue, any fix for this found since the last meesage?

Thank you!

Danton92602
Fanfold Paper
Views: 999
Message 9 of 9

Unfortunately No. 

Lenovo has not been a huge help either. 

Friendly on the phone... But that is useless if you never get a resolution. 

Do NOT send your computer to them. They will say that they could not replicate and just factory reset it while you are without your computer for two weeks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors