Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AngelicCore
Not applicable
Views: 373
Message 1 of 10

Yoga 900 - No application to look for drivers

Hi,

I like to have an application check for (updated) drivers for me.

With the Yoga 900 i find it quite stupid that Lenovo companion - which claims to do that - can't find anything ever ...even when I ran it before installing any drivers - nor after installing all drivers and finding a new one on the web site.

It just doesn't work - says "There are no applicable updates found for you system."

I tried using the old Lenovo System Update application which I had on my Y50 - Only to get a different message: "There are no applicable packages found for your system. 

It is irritating because right now I 3 non-updated drivers - that I am aware of.

Are these tools useless for you too?

Thanks

Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 366
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 900 - No application to look for drivers

Hello,

Have you kept your Lenovo Companion updated? Windows 10 also updates drivers. Are you sure they were not updated that way?

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

AngelicCore
Not applicable
Views: 353
Message 3 of 10

Hi Bugbatter,

1 - It is the latest version in the windows store.

2 - As I was testing for this exact matter - I tried it multiple times..Just as I cleanly reinstalled windows - after installing some updates - after installing all updates - I actually uninstalled some updates again to check if it will be able to find them missing.....

All in all it seems to me as if Lenovo has no application that does this job.

At least none that works with the yoga 900. - Hope someone can prove me wrong

Thanks

Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 341
Message 4 of 10

There have been some issues with updaters from major OEM's (Asus, Acer Dell, HP, etc.). We can be glad that Lenovo was one of the first to respond in taking the issues seriously and planning to make changes.

I don't think the Yoga 900 is involved, but it might be a good idea to update manually in case as a precution there has been a halt on all software updaters while this is being researched.

[Edited to make correction.]

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

AngelicCore
Not applicable
Views: 331
Message 5 of 10

Maybe that's the issue, it seems the application has no idea what a Yoga 900 is and as such can't find any drivers for it.
Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 283
Message 6 of 10

Correction: Now I see the Yoga 900 listed. I just found Lenovo Accelerator Application on my Yoga 900 and uninstalled it. Check yours!  Maybe Lenovo will come up with another type of updater in the future, but for now, remove it if you have it.

AngelicCore
Not applicable
Views: 280
Message 7 of 10

I will try that again. 

Maybe it doesn't work because mine is the isk2 6560 not the original isk 6500? That's the first thing that popped in my head

Bugbatter
Not applicable
Views: 270
Message 8 of 10

As mentioned above, right now there are so many models from several OEM's that have  problems, that it's not a bug with functionality/convenience for the user that is the concern, but the vulnerability.
"The vulnerability resides within the update mechanism where a Lenovo server is queried to identify if application updates are available."

AngelicCore
Not applicable
Views: 195
Message 9 of 10

I was talking to Lenovo's support which told me that the reason could be that I removed Win 10 OEM edition and installed my own (needed pro not just home edition)..
I will try reverting back to the OEM version and retrying
AngelicCore
Not applicable
Views: 187
Message 10 of 10

Nope, not working...
Maybe the problem lies in that my yoga 900 is the signature edition - which is supposed to be microsoft's store version with no bloatware and it is not detecting it at all.

Sadly I bought mine from Lenovo not from MS store which doesn't explain why it came to me as signature edition..

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors