Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 16,156
Message 1 of 105

Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

I have an issue with my Yoga 900 not reacting when putting it into sleep mode. I have tried chaning my sleep and wake up settings and the laptop is supposed to wake up upon use of the keyboard or mouse, but nothing happens. Also hitting the power button doesn't help. The only solution is a hard reset.

This is particularly annoying when the computer goes into sleep automatically. Does anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for a solution?

ntus
Paper Tape
Views: 15,908
Message 2 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

I just bought a Yoga as well and seeing similar issues. Anyone knows why sleep mode not working properly. Is it a windows issue or a yoga laptop issue?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 15,896
Message 3 of 105

Hi Tm88,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are looking for the sleep mode in your Lenovo Yoga 900 notebook.

Try to reinstall the energy manager and check for the issue.

Click here for the energy for windows 10.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

dzhou
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,875
Message 4 of 105

I'm having the same issue on a brand new Yoga 900. 

When I push the power button to put the laptop to sleep. The screen turns off but power button is still lit up, then I can turn it back on except for doing a hard reset. 

Tried reinstalling the energy manager, doesn't fix anything. 

tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,861
Message 5 of 105

I'm not sure the driver installs correctly: when I download and execute the file, and after granting windows permission to run it, nothing happens (no message that it installed correctly for example). I tried a couple of times. Could you detail how to check if the driver installed correctly as is seems that just executing the file might not work?

To detail the problem a little further:

When I put the laptop in sleep mode through the start menu, it wakes up just fine if I hit a key right after.

If I however put the laptop in sleep mode, close the lid and wait for a while, nothing makes the laptop start again except for a hard reset.

ntus
Paper Tape
Views: 15,858
Message 6 of 105

i have exactly the same issue.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 15,829
Message 7 of 105

Hi Tm88,

Try to reinstall the operating system and check for the issue, please take a data backup before reinstalling the operating system.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 15,799
Message 8 of 105

I appreciate the responses but thus far they haven't been very helpful.

Reinstalling windows would mean reconfiguring all my software as well right? Do I really need to go through all that, is there any guarantee of succes? It seems that I'm not the only one with this issue and I strongly feel that asking your customers to reinstall their entire system is a very intrusive and time-consuming "fix". I'd really prefer not to go through that process unless its the only option.

How about my earlier question: how do I see if the driver is correctly installed?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 15,792
Message 9 of 105

What are the settings on the Power Options/System settings for the lid and the power button? On my Yoga 900 (which is not showing these problems), the settings for all four options is showing as "Sleep".

To get to this page of settings, go to Settings/System/Power & sleep, and then click on "Additional power settings", then "Choose what the power button does".

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

dzhou
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,777
Message 10 of 105

I called lenovo support about this issue, they think it's software and forwarded me to premium support which requires additional cost (to fix a brand new laptop bought few days ago) - so overall a waste of time.

Given that lenovo has free return with no restocking fee for purchases made around holiday time, it may be best to return the laptop now and save all the potential issues down the line.

http://shop.lenovo.com/ISS_Static/WW/AG/merchandising/US/popups/ReturnPolicy.html

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors