Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Views: 984
Message 91 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

If you have tried everything then the best approach would be to contact lenovo support and setup a troubleshooting/repair case. Please click on Support link on top of this page and enter your product serial to setup a repair case.

I have been using my Yoga 900 and there is no sleep/startup issue anymore.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
sbaud
What's DOS?
Views: 802
Message 92 of 105

I have tried everything that was suggested in this forum. Nothing worked. Contacted lenovo support. Didn´t get a reply from them.!!!!!

megloff
Paper Tape
Views: 792
Message 93 of 105

I had the same issue, I tried everything too, means updating to the latest BIOS and also install different driver versions or to adjust the power settings of some devices as suggested.

While I had still warranty claim, I opened a support ticket for my machine and Lenovo offered me to send the  machine for verification and repair. After 3 weeks the machine returned with a replaced monitor, so I assume it was a hardware defect (or a quality problem) of the original parts.

So I recommend not to waste too much time by trying all suggested options, instead get in contact with the support. You have t show that you tried everything what is in the duty of the user

- reset machine to its orignal status at the delivery time

- update bios

- update OS and drivers to the recommended version

- if problem still exists open a support ticket

BW4
Paper Tape
Views: 727
Message 94 of 105

I seem to be having the same issue....

After an extended sleep - the screen won't turn on. It flickers when I press a key but stays black.

I then start a cycle of power off and on which varies between 2 to 6 cycle before the screen works.

I've updated all drivers, turned off the device manager settings for bluetooth and other items to not allow them to put the computer to sleep. I've extended the hibernate after minutes to 9999.

The computer is Yoga 900-13ISK Laptop (ideapad) running Win 10 64 bit (also updated).

Any suggestions??? Sadly its 3 months out of warranty... !

hermosaboy
What's DOS?
Views: 610
Message 95 of 105

Same issue for me with the three months out of warranty.

I really wish someone would provide a definitive solution...

mcnedo
Punch Card
Views: 571
Message 96 of 105

Got my yoga 900 early 2016 and lately, I've been having this problem consistently. Normally when you open the lid a laptop wakes up - not the yoga 900 - you have to press the power button as well. Used to work OK but now it almost never does - I have to power off first. I just changed the plan settings to hibernate instead of sleep when closing the lid and it seems to work now, but I only tried it thrice. Hibernate draws less power and the device woke from hibernation as fast as sleep so if this works, I'll be happy. Lenovo did help me troubleshoot another issue out of warranty so I'm impressed with their support.

mcnedo
Punch Card
Views: 553
Message 97 of 105

4'th time it worked, 5'th time I had to restart. Didn't make any difference.
mcnedo
Punch Card
Views: 523
Message 98 of 105

Been working fine for a week in hibernate instead of sleep mode. SSD boots up fast so it's no big deal, just a pain in the ass when it happens. There's no definitive solution since it could be many drivers, services, apps, but this could be a good workaround.

csc1rn
Paper Tape
Views: 512
Message 99 of 105

Have had nothing but trouble with this device since purchase regarding sleep mode, battery and charging issues, keystroke problems.  I have barely year old notebook rendered useless because battery will now not charge with the ridiculously designed power cord that is near to impossible to find.  

AlanD96
Punch Card
Views: 506
Message 100 of 105

Wow, the same thing happened to my Yoga 900.  Suddenly the battery woulldn't charge.  I helplessly noticed the battery losing power while plugged in.  I had no idea whether it was a problem with the charger or the computer.  I brought it in to a repair center, they couldn't figure it out and it was sent away for six weeks.   I was lucky in that this happened with about two weeks left to go on the warranty.  I never did find out what the problem was and am scared it's going to happen again.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors