Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
megloff
Paper Tape
Views: 755
Message 101 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

Dear all, as already mentioned in an earlier post by me in this thread, there is no easy solution.

I tried everything what has been suggested in this thread. After I resignated I opened a support case at Lenovo and they asked me to hand in the device for a verification. After 3 weeks the notebook retunred with a replaced monitor. After this the issue did not appear any more.  So I assume  it was a hardware defect or the first round of manufactured devices had some quality issues.

My recommendation is to stop here asking for solution about this issue and instead get in contact with the Lenovo Support. Good Luck!

mcnedo
Punch Card
Views: 700
Message 102 of 105

For me, it's not a HW issue, but it may be that too. Hibernate mode works fine except when I leave the lid opened. Then I need to reboot it or close the lid for a while and hit the wake / power button, which I'm usually too impatient to do - I reboot it. I'm about to use sleep instead of hibernating to see it that's still an issue.

Deanie
What's DOS?
Views: 445
Message 103 of 105

Try tilting the computer.  Also, roll back the Intel Graphics driver if you can get on the computer and the problem is that it won't wake up from sleep mode.  

mcnedo
Punch Card
Views: 252
Message 104 of 105

I'm still having this issue now but it's only after it goes into hibernation mode when it's plugged in. And I think it only happens when it's fully charged. It'll consistently wake up when I unplug it, otherwise, I have to restart it - a real pain especially if I forget to and don't save my work. I'm going to un-crack the case, unplug the battery for a while and if that doesn't do the trick, I may send it.

mcnedo
Punch Card
Views: 249
Message 105 of 105

I'll try the tilting trick too - I did roll it back but maybe not far enough.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors