Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaseS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,090
Message 81 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue Found Fix

I found a fix that worked for me.  Issue not waking from sleep mode.  Go to device manager and under the lenovo Vhid device properties uncheck box where it says allow computer to put device to sleep.

BaseS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,085
Message 82 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

Issue of not waking from sleep mode:  Go to device manager and look for Lenovo VHID Device / (UMDF) minidriver which is usually used by the Lenovo Energy Management to control power management schemes. If you have this software installed in the mini-driver properties go to power management tab & uncheck where is says allow this computer to be put to sleep to save power.   

This seems to be working so far and I haven't been able to duplicate the issue.  

BaseS
Paper Tape
Views: 1,084
Message 83 of 105

Device manager - Lenovo Vhid device, go to properties and uncheck the box that allows this computer to be put to sleep to save power.
Bayerus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,025
Message 84 of 105

Thanks for sharing.  Good idea. Tried it out.  But, as with all other measures discussed here for over a year, it did NOT work.  Yoga goes to sleep but does not come back.  Total reboot.  Incredible that this issue seems not to be fixable.. at least not by the users left to try and figure it out by themselves.

papasmiles
Paper Tape
Views: 995
Message 85 of 105

Same issue here., but for the 910. I am on my second 910 and about to return it as well. I have a 4 year old Samsung Ativ Book 9 that has been SO much more reliable than these 2 in less than 1 month total. such crap.

frites
What's DOS?
Views: 886
Message 86 of 105

I recently bought my yoga. I have a problem with restarting after it goes to sleep, I have to press the button several times and it can take minutes.

Have you found a solution to this problem yet please?

BrendaF13
Paper Tape
Views: 876
Message 87 of 105

Someone suggested changing the BIOS which I did & no longer have problems with mine doing this. However, I can't remember what I did at that time. Check this thread. I believe that's where I got the info.

P. S. Yes, I did all updates that I was made aware of. 

Guru
Views: 866
Message 88 of 105

That is correct, upgrading the BIOS will solve the Sleep and flickering issue, if you have that as well.

Go ahead and click on support link on top of this page. Search for your laptop model and go to downloads section and get the latest BIOS.

Read the instructions before installing, you need the laptop to be connected to power and do not interrupt the process in the middle (once you start it - keep hands off the machine).

Thank you.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
AlanD96
Punch Card
Views: 858
Message 89 of 105

Just like Brenda, I had this problem when I first got my Yoga.    I followed all suggestions here, made sure I was totally up to date on all Windows and Lenovo updates, and I haven't had the problem in almost a year.

frites
What's DOS?
Views: 781
Message 90 of 105

I have tried everything suggested the BIOS version is up to date. Still get the same problem. Does not boot properly from sleep mode nor from being switched off. Have to press the button several times over a couple of minutes for it to eventually turn on.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors