Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjvtyler
What's DOS?
Views: 4,554
Message 11 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

I have the same issue. I called Lenovo support and was told that the Yoga 900 is not fully compatible with Windows 10 yet. Then the tech offered to send me instructions on reverting to Windows 8. This was 2 weeks ago and the smoke is still coming out of my ears. It is ludicrous that I bought a top of the line, flagship product that was sold with an operating system it's not quite ready for. 

I also have the tiny window/text problem that many have complained about.

Unfortunately for me, I am too deep in to return this laptop considering I already had to return the first one I bought. I don't really have time to get another PC up to working condition.

Beyond pissed. 

tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,550
Message 12 of 105

I've reset all my power button settings to sleep as suggested earlier in this thread and the problem doesn't occur anymore. Ridiculous that changing the settings of your power button makes the laptop freeze, but at least changing it back is an easy enough workaround. Hope it works for some other people too.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,533
Message 13 of 105

@tjvtyler wrote:

I have the same issue. I called Lenovo support and was told that the Yoga 900 is not fully compatible with Windows 10 yet. Then the tech offered to send me instructions on reverting to Windows 8. This was 2 weeks ago and the smoke is still coming out of my ears. It is ludicrous that I bought a top of the line, flagship product that was sold with an operating system it's not quite ready for. 

I'm sorry, but whoever it was in Lenovo Support that you spoke to, they quite simply gave you false information. The engineering team in Lenovo who designed and built the Yoga 900 would tell you that it was designed and built with Windows 10 in mind. That is the truth of the matter.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

AlanD96
Punch Card
Views: 4,518
Message 14 of 105

I had a sleep mode issue with my Yoga 900 when it was just a few days old.  It was in sleep mode with the power light blinking.  It would not "wake up."   Normally I'd just pull the battery out but that's kind of difficult with the 900.

I called tech support.  The technician told me to push the power button in and out 10 times at intervals of about one second, then hold in the power button for 30 seconds.   

After all this I noticed the power button was no longer blinking, but was off.  I pushed the button again and the laptop came to life.  The tech said this was a problem with Windows 10 and that Microsoft was working on a fix.  

This problem has not occured again.  

Former Employee
Views: 4,464
Message 15 of 105

Lenovo is investigating customer reports that when Yoga 900 laptops should enter S3 sleep mode via several methods, the laptop is not entering sleep, and can only be awoken via a hard reset.

I will post again when I have more information.

Thank you,

AlanD96
Punch Card
Views: 4,433
Message 16 of 105

That's good to hear Amy, I'm glad they're aware of the problem.

(BTW, my first computer was a Commodore Vic-20, so I think I beat you by about a year.)

bibleharmony
Punch Card
Views: 4,223
Message 17 of 105

Any update on on this issue? I would really like to know soon, before the return policy ends. This is a serious enough issue that I don't think I want to risk it, in case it is a hardware problem.

Sleepy900
Paper Tape
Views: 4,197
Message 18 of 105

This is a WIndows 10 problem and not Yoga specific. HP, Surface and other laptops with Windows 10 suffer from the issue. Solution is quite easy. Just follow instructions in the following youtube clip: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3shO83I0-M

I was preparing to return my Yoga 900 until I realized it was a Windows 10 issue. I have implemented the fix and my Yoga works like a charm.

Hope this helps both Lenovo Tek support and Yoga 900 owners.

bibleharmony
Punch Card
Views: 4,181
Message 19 of 105

Thanks so much. I'll give it a try right now.
Former Employee
Views: 4,083
Message 20 of 105

I'd like to ask for help.

If there is anyone in the US who has a Yoga 900 that demonstrates this problem, I would ask that you private message me.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors