Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idat
Paper Tape
Views: 3,114
Message 21 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

I have the same issue. I bought my Yoga 900 3 days ago. I close the lid and the power button starts blinking (as I think it should). Then if I put my laptop in my backpack or something and come back to it later, the power button is no longer blinking. I have to push the power button again to restart, and then all the applications are closed.

peterda
What's DOS?
Views: 3,067
Message 22 of 105

Brand new out of the box, N/N PF0D3GWD manufactured 28th Oct 2015 I started using it this week and 2 days in encountered the problem of going to sleep mode and not being able to wake up, no matter what you do. Even the power button hard shutdown did not work after multiple attempts (about 10 goes later) it shut down.  I was able to restart it.

Then, after some software installations I clicked Windows 10 -  Restart > it puts to sleep mode and doesn't come back up.

Now I have selected  the settings never go to sleep  and also, do not use Restart, instead I use Shut down. Looking through prior post, I think it was a big mistake to purchase this. I acnnot imagine the problems I could expect 1 year down the track.

tor86
Paper Tape
Views: 3,052
Message 23 of 105

I bought mine in december here in norway, same problem on my model. Put it in sleep mode and it never wakes up, have to do hard reset everytime by holding down power button. 

i have tried to update graphics driver but not any improvement. I hope this is fixable as i dont want to replace it with another one.

tm88
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,044
Message 24 of 105

You could try setting all power buttons back to sleep as suggested earlier in this thread. For me that pseudo-fix did the trick.

tor86
Paper Tape
Views: 3,034
Message 25 of 105

I have the options between sleep and deep sleep, and sleep was already set in the settings. i tried to change to deep sleep and deep sleep worked, but when i changed back to sleep it was same problem. one way is to use deep sleep but then it takes longer because it has to boot.

SourMandarin
What's DOS?
Views: 3,020
Message 26 of 105

Amy

I am in the US - having this same issue.

After it went to sleep the power button LED blinked forever and no amount of power on or mouse (Lenovo original mouse) or windows button wakes it up.

However I tried resetting the power and it did (like press button for power many times and then hold it for 30 seconds etc) First time it powered back up it says recovery (on BIOS setup like display) is not working or not available.
I turned it off again

Then on turn again it booted windows 10

This Yoga900 is just about 2 weeks old since I started using.

I did notice from time to time my intel HD display resets (while say on FB or any other app like netflix - I sometimes get booted out). So after this sleep issue I decided to see if I need an update on driver for HD.
I have not encountered sleep issues again yet.

tbrullo
What's DOS?
Views: 2,999
Message 27 of 105

Hi ..I have the same problem 

There must be a better solution that lenovo can offer as i am not in the states anymore.. and the cost of a ticket back .. i may as well go back to MAC which i must say allows you to open the lid after months and turns on without any problem.. 

If lenovo can please provide a solution that does not require a reboot.. it would be most pleasing !

kreeve
What's DOS?
Views: 2,874
Message 28 of 105

Have had the Yoga 900 for less than a week (Purchased Jan 15th 2015) , and experiencing the will not wake from sleep issue.  For the last 2 days now have not been able to get it to wake from sleep at all.  Have tried a few things mentioned on this forum minus pulling the battery.   Nothing is working.  The white power light is on,  I can hold down the button and get the light to go off, but it will never wake.

Ideas?

rotavonni1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,807
Message 29 of 105

I have this issue as well.  PC does not wake from sleep, requires full manual restart by holding down power button.

Purchased Yoga 900-13ISK (Model 80MK, Mfg Date: 15/10/24 Factory ID: JVHFC1).  *recommend everyone include this info from bottom of your PC to assist Lenovo & others in pinpointing issue

EXTREMELY annoying issue and not something that a model of this premium cost should have.

When is someone from Lenovo going to respond to this thread with an offical update on fix?  Clearly there are a LOT of people who are having this issue.

- Frustrated in Atlanta  (someone who has owned Lenovos/ThinkPads laptops loyally since 1997).

Babadude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,778
Message 30 of 105

Everyone who has this sleep issue: What updates have you installed or any tweaks done to Settings that may have I initiated this? I ask because my 900 arrives today from China, it was built last week, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed there are no issues. This is my first Windows computer. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors