Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbrullo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,634
Message 31 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

I find it extremely interesting that no one from lenovo is responding any of these posts.. it would be in their best interest to offer some advice or support would it not ?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,612
Message 32 of 105

@tbrullo wrote:

I find it extremely interesting that no one from lenovo is responding any of these posts.. it would be in their best interest to offer some advice or support would it not ?

I suggest that you click on the Community Guidelines - prominently displayed on the right of the forums. It opens with:

Objectives of Lenovo Discussion Forums:

These communities have been created to provide a high quality atmosphere in which users of Lenovo products and services may share experiences and expertise. While members from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, this forum is not designed as a dedicated and staffed support channel. This is an informal and public forum, and Lenovo does not guarantee the accuracy of information and advice posted here.

----------------------------

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ...

tbrullo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,601
Message 33 of 105

thanks for the explanation.. however since I cant get through on the support page how else can one get help on the matter ??
Guru
Views: 1,590
Message 34 of 105

@tbrullo

I think you should see Page 2 of this thread, you will find some workaround solutions and also the cause of it.

This is a Microsoft issue and not something specific to Lenovo.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
tbrullo
What's DOS?
Views: 1,582
Message 35 of 105

thanks

pagelambert
What's DOS?
Views: 1,522
Message 36 of 105

Amy, I am having the same issue with a brand new Yoga 900. The first one, custom ordered for a special color, had to be returned and I almost lost all my date. This is my WORK computer. Now, I have a replacement Yoga 900 and can't get it to turn on with the power button all the time, can't figure out whether it's asleep or hibernating. And please tell me where the "sleep" button is? 

pagelambert
What's DOS?
Views: 1,521
Message 37 of 105

Yes, Amy, I'm in the US.

AlanD96
Punch Card
Views: 1,517
Message 38 of 105

I'd just like to add a new thought in this thread.  I too had the 'sleep problem' when I first received my Yoga 900 in November.  It happened a few times for the next couple of weeks and then has NEVER happened again.  It's been fine for over two months.  I notice that most of the comments in this thread start out with something like "I just purchased my Yoga and have this problem. ---- etc. etc."   I don't see any comments from anyone who continues to have the problem after several weeks.

I'm wondering if the problem stems from something in Windows 10 and one of their updates CORRECTS this.  

I certainly don't know if this is the case for sure, but I thought I'd put this out there and see if other users had this problem magically corrected, perhaps by Microsoft.

pc940
Paper Tape
Views: 1,461
Message 39 of 105

I have run into the issue multiple times where I put my computer to sleep and it doesn't turn back on. It seems like it freezes when I try to start it back up and stays at a black screen so I am forced to hold down the power button to shut it off.

Moderator comment: Merged in. Subject edited.

Bayerus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,364
Message 40 of 105

This issue seems to continue.  My brand new Yoga 900 has the same 'sleep issues' described by everyone else.  it seems that 'using hibernate instead' and 'hoping the issue goes away by itself over time' are the only solution right now (six months after the issue has appeared).  Extremely frustrating and a sign of extremely poor customer service by both Lenovo and (to a lesser degree/likely) Microsoft.

There are other common issues like 'flickering/constantly adjusting screen brightness' and 'Explorer Edge crashing constantly' that happen to me as well, which are totally ignored by Lenovo/MS.  I guess that explains why Apple remains the undisputed leader in consumer preference...  I should blame myself for being too lazy to move over when it comes to my laptop.  I use Apple when it comes to phone and tablet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors