Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajsedlacek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,456
Message 41 of 105

Re: Yoga 900 - Sleep mode issue

I purchased a Yoga 900 yesterday. I have the most updated driver. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the drivers multiple times and sleep mode will not work correctly. Called support today and they had me reinstall Windows and did not fix anything.

With some troubleshooting the only way sleep mode works for me is to disable the the display adapter and sleep mode functions as intended.

Called tech support again just now and told them what I found out and was told that they cannot help with software issues.

I asked if drivers were hardware or software was told drivers are considered hardware. I asked for a solution and was told he didn't have one. He gave me the number for the second level tech support, PFF, and was told that it would cost money to get help from them. It is so nice to do tech support/beta testing/guinea pig for the hardware manufacturer.

He suggested that I should just return the notebook. This statement tells me that this is a known issue and they do not have a fix for those that are having this problem with the Yoga 900.

Does anyone have any other solutions to this? If not, I will be returning the laptop before the end of the week.

AlanD96
Punch Card
Views: 2,444
Message 42 of 105

As I posted here awhile ago, when my Yoga was new, I had the exact same problem.  This was back in November.  Then after about two weeks, the problem totally went away and has never repeated.  My thought is that it was a Microsoft or Lenovo update, but my 900 works perfectly now.

coskuns
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,406
Message 43 of 105

I too had this problem on a Yoga 3 Pro laptop. It was the Bluetooth driver avoiding the sleep so that the computer never slept and caused the same symptoms that many of you have here. So the problem was not being able to wake up but never being able to sleep instead and getting stuck somewhere in between.

Simply, press Windows key + X, open Device Manager, couble click the Bluetooth device (Broadcom Bluetooth 4.0 USB in my case), switch to the Power Management tab and uncheck "Allow this device to wake up the computer".

Your bluetooth keyboard and mouse might not be able to wake up the device anymore but it will at least solve your problem with the sleep/wake up functions.

ajt
Punch Card
Views: 2,367
Message 44 of 105

I fixed this problem by updating the driver with Device Manager for the Intel Bluetooth Device.  Tell it to search online for a driver and it updates quickly and then works correctly.

Thanks to coskuns for the lead to Bluetooth causing the problem.

coskuns
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,351
Message 45 of 105

@ajt wrote:

Thanks to coskuns for the lead to Bluetooth causing the problem.

I am glad I was able to lead you the way. In my case the Broadcom device does not have any driver updates so the only option is to disable the wake up feature of the device but that is great updating your Intel device's driver worked for you.

I find it very annoying that Lenovo does not hire some people to support these kind of issues of people here on their official community forums. Yeah, I am aware it is a community forum but it would be of great help if they had a few guys here.

ajsedlacek
Paper Tape
Views: 2,343
Message 46 of 105

I guess I violated some community rule with my last post/update and it was deleted.

I was able to manually install new old and beta drivers and none of them resolved this. I ended up returning/exchanging it. Suffice to say Best Buy said they have had a higjer than normal return rate for this same issue.

The new one works flawlessly and I love this laptop.
rectifyer2000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,309
Message 47 of 105

Last month I bought a Yoga 14 and had the issues described here. Returned it for a Flex 3 15 and have the same issues. Driver updates did nothing. When she goes to sleep she won't wake up. Lenovo has been no help, as described here and I've found this to be a huge problem with Windows 10 and many differently model machines. I'm getting tired of returning computers and setting up new ones. But, if Lenovo won't pursue a fix, why the heck should I? RETURN!

Former Employee
Views: 2,259
Message 48 of 105

A Yoga 900 customer sample demonstrating the failure to resume from sleep mode issue arrived on site last week and successfully demonstrated the failure.

This case has been escalated to the Quality team for a solution.

Several customers have identified a workaround that involves changing a setting for the Intel Bluetooth driver, or upgrading it. More information can be found in this post and the one that follows it: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Sleep-mode-issue/m-p/3274858#M391...

Thank you,

coskuns
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,233
Message 49 of 105

@ Amy_Lenovo wrote:

Several customers have identified a workaround that involves changing a setting for the Intel Bluetooth driver, or upgrading it. More information can be found in this post and the one that follows it: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Sleep-mode-issue/m-p/3274858#M391...

Hi Amy,

I am the customer who identified the workaround you mention. There is another very specific issue I was able to identify about the keyboard getting disabled when the lid is about to be closed and not being enabled back when the lid is opened afterwards. There are so many people who are affected by the issue. Is there a way you could also inform the Quality team about that matter?

You might read about the details of the issue at https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-Keyboard-and-touch-pad-stop-working/m...

Best regards

rectifyer2000
Paper Tape
Views: 2,207
Message 50 of 105

I tried updating the Bluetooth driver but it didn't help. I've tried many of the other solutions, including USB management, but they only worked temporarily and after a few restarts, the problem was back. The only stopgap that worked for me is to change all the sleep settings. I changed everything to Hybernate and Sleep to Never. So now when I push the power button, it hybernates - same with closing the lid. I have all sleep settings set to Never, with lid closure set to Hybernate. This works but I've lost the sleep function, which is less than ideal but at least I don't need to force the machine to restart 5 times a day. Hopefully Lenovo finds the bug and the fix soon. 

I have ready a lot about changing the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver from 11 to 9.5 but when I tried this, Windows 10 would not let me, saying the device will not support that driver. Lenovo - please help us with this!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors